Obsidian Entertainment has finally released their long-awaited update for The Outer World which is filled with some very welcomed features!
Titled update 188.8.131.52, it will come with much request comminuty features such as increasing subtitles and text, specific game crash bugs, and much more. Thankfully, the developers took to their forum and detailed the full list of patch notes for the latest update!
Check out the full set of patch notes for update 184.108.40.206 for The Outer Worlds down below:
Top Community Requests:
- The game crashing at a specific point when the player has reached Tartarus has been resolved
- Toggle to increase the font size (found in the UI tab under Settings). Increases font for conversation text, cinematic subtitles, bark subtitles, and terminal text.
- Players will no longer experience muffled sounds when playing on the PlayStation 4
- The Prismatic Hammer has been rebalanced and no longer incorrectly uses the level multiplier as an exponent instead of a multiplier and will no longer do 10s of thousands of points of damage at a higher level. Now deals the damage it should have been dealing all along
- Existing Botched companion quests will have their status reset to Active allowing the player to add them to a party when leaving the ship in order to un-botch the quests, unless the death occurred prior to unlocking the companion quest
- Fix for “Radio Free Monarch” where issues would happen when talking to Nayoka while having SAM in your party
- Foliage on the Xbox One now has parity with the foliage on PlayStation 4
- The achievement/trophy for “It’s Not the Best Choice” will pop correctly
The Outer Worlds have captured plenty of gamers attention this year, and for good reason. The RPG title is a return to form for the studio and it shows. It’s so good that it recently got announced as a nominee for contender for Game of the Year 2019 at The Game Awards 2019 show! If you want to cast your vote for the game and check out the full list of nominees for this year, click here!
The Outer Worlds is now available for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Download the new update now and enjoy all the welcomed changes! Are you enjoying Obsidian’s latest RPG title? Let us know in the comments below!