Motion Twin took to their website to announce and detail the latest update to hit their critically acclaimed title, Dead Cells! Read more here!
Titled ‘The Update 13th’ fans of the game will be treated to a slew of new fixes, new features, and much more! Some of the highlights of the new update are the rework on some of the weapons, a new mob enemy type, and some much-requested brutality animations.
There is plenty of great new fixes, balances, and features, and thankfully the developers detailed them all on their site.
Check out the full set of patch notes down below:
Update the 13th
- Thunder Shield rework:
– Parrying charges you up, dealing damages all around you.
– Using the shield again when charged up discharge instantly, stunning ennemies.
– Keeping the shield up still deals damages in front of you.
- Community suggestion We nerfed arbiter.
That’s all folks!
And locked them up in the Cavern in all difficulties, for good measure.
- New mob: the Rampager. Think Zombies, but deadlier.
Replaces the Arbiter for difficulties BC3+ in all levels.
- Community suggestion Elite rework:
– Removed minions
– Removed the bump when the Elite enrages
– Weapons and Activables dropped by Elites always have a starred affix.
– Prevented some mob + ability combos : Shield + Shielding pylons, Failed Experiment + Rotating laser and Bomber + Rotating laser
– Fixed elites seeing you through walls when climbing one-way platforms.
- Two new Brutality mutations:
– Adrenalin: Dodge an ennemy attack at the last second and gain lifesteal on melee damages for a few seconds.
– Frenzy: Gain lifesteal on melee damages while in speed boost.
- New affix on amulets: Reveal invisible ennemies.
- Community suggestion Added an option to remove screenshake.
- Two new Skins, to celebrate the 14th of July! The Galaxy outfit and the French outfit are available at the Tailor for all player that have unlocked an additional outfit. Liberté, Égalité, Skins de Juillet. Version 1.3.9
- Community suggestion Arbiters nerf:
– Now only attacks horizontally.
– Added a deadzone in close range where the hero is safe.
– Removed them from all levels in BC3+ and put them in Cavern.
- Flawless buff: Reduced cooldown before crits from 30 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Javelin buff:
– Cooldown before the weapon comes back automatically reduced from 15 to 10 seconds.
– The weapon comes back immediately if it falls in spikes or lava.
- Bombers nerf:
– Increased charging time before melee attacks.
– Removed them entirely from Toxic Sewers.
- Demons nerf:
– Slightly reduced density in Castle.
– Stunned on contact with the hero when in mid-air.
– Slightly increased stun time.
- Golems nerf/fix:
– No longer stunlock to death.
– Elite Golems can no longer teleport next to the hero. But they can still teleport the hero next to them.
- Knifes Throwers nerf:
– Stunned on contact with the hero. Elite Knifes Throwers are not though, be careful!
- Added Flask recharges where the Fountain is broken in BC1.
Dead Cells is now available for the PS4, Nintendo Switch and the PC. Are you still playing the critically acclaimed Metroidvania? Let us know in the comments below!