Friday the 13th: The Game is an extremely popular multiplayer game that brings the iconic horror slasher to the gaming community; now Nintendo Switch users will finally get their hands on the game relatively soon!
The game was previously announced to be making its way to the Nintendo Switch, but we now finally have a release date, which is August 13th! Yes, Nintendo Switch fans will have to wait a little longer, but the game is set to release in mid-August and will come with a ton of special features.
Check out what comes in the Friday the 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Edition down below:
Friday the 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Edition for the Nintendo Switchincludes:
- All DLC and Retail Exclusive Content* – In addition to all previously released DLC – including 10 single player challenges, new maps, characters, counselor outfits, Jason skins, additional kills for Jason and the complete Virtual Cabin experience – the physical edition also offers exclusive Bloody Jason Skins and clothing packs.
- Eight-Person Multiplayer and Single Player Modes – On maps spanning multiple iconic locations from the movie franchise, players will match up online as either Jason Voorhees or a Camp Counselor trying to survive the night. Players seeking lower pressure slasher fun can take the fight offline in matches with AI bots.
- Killer Variety – Players can don the mask of their favorite incarnations of Jason Voorhees as depicted in films two through nine. Each Jason is hand-crafted with specific strengths, weaknesses, and exclusive brutal kills. The retail edition offers even more brutal execution options, with the Pick Axe, Pig Splitter and Machete Kill Packs.
- Character Customization – As players level up, they will unlock new playable Counselor and Jason models that can be purchased with Customization Points (CPs). CPs also unlock new kills for Jason, game-changing perks that help Camp Counselors survive the night, emotes for self-expression, and various regalia appropriate for a funeral … or seven. The retail edition includes the Spring Break ’84 Clothing and Halloween Costume Packs for players to try on before the murder party.
- Franchise Authenticity – The game draws expertise from horror icons including Sean S. Cunningham (director/creator of Friday the 13th), Tom Savini (FX legend and effects director of Friday the 13th), composer Harry Manfredini (various compositions from the franchise) and Kane Hodder (Jason Voorhees actor; Part 7, 8, 9, and Jason X).
Friday the 13th: The Game is currently available for PS4, Xbox One and PC. The Nintendo Switch edition is set to release on August 13th. Are you excited for the upcoming port of the game? Let us know in the comments below!