In celebration of Sonic’s 25 Anniversary, SEGA put together the brightest bunch of ROM hackers to create Sonic Mania – a remake of the original Sonic game, except with a couple extra functions as well as a release on all current-gen platforms. The game has since done incredibly well, selling over 1M copies (which is pretty brilliant as a digital-only title.) Since this news, SEGA announced that they would be releasing a beefed-up version of Sonic Mania, dubbed Sonic Mania Plus – which would essentially include the base game and all its DLC.
Now we have a release for the bundled title – Fans of SEGA’s leading Hedgehog can pick up Sonic Mania Plus on July 17 (US RRP: $29.99), and on the same day owners of the game will be able to upgrade to Plus via DLC (£3.99/$4.99).
Here’s what you can expect from Sonic Mania Plus:
- Mighty the Armadillo playable character
- Ray the Flying Squirrel playable character
- Encore Mode featuring remixed levels
- Four-player competitive mode
- Additional cutscenes
- Recreation of the final boss from Knuckles’ Chaotix
- 32-page art book – part of the physical version