While Titanfall has, unfortunately, not performed as well as the marketing team would have hoped, (what with the first ones restriction to the Xbox and the second one’s poor release window) the series is still a brilliant take on reinventing the FPS genre, specifically fast-paced shooters like Call of Duty. But even with all these issues the team behind the mech-blasting, wall running title has managed to hit a pretty big milestone.
Today, developer Respawn Entertainment and publisher EA announced that the series now has 20 million players, with Titanfall 2 having 1 million active players every month.
While active players don’t necessarily constitute sales, it still is a good indication of how invested people are in this game.
In other Titanfall news, Respawn developers are planning a new update.
- Map: War Games – Pilots on the Frontier frequently use simulator pods to train, using life-like recreations of historical battles as combat scenarios. War Games highlights the civilian shops, tall buildings for window-to-window fighting, and city streets for Titan combat from the Battle of Angel City, and the large, open tank garage facilities for hand-to-hand Pilot combat from the Battle of Airbase Sierra. The outskirts of the map feature a clean, VR style perfect for Titan duels, while Pilots are often found running along the bright, interconnected wallrunning routes.
- Live Fire Map: Traffic –A weathered test site where pilot positioning is pitted against mobility across two busy thoroughfares. Dense cover makes every corner a threat, with room for snipers to hide in the back fields.
- New Execution: Shadow Boxing [Holo Pilot]
- Get 20 pilot kills while a holopilot ability is active (Both normal holopilot and boost ability holopilot nova count.) Does not retroactively count.
- 3rd Weapon Slot for Pilots – You will now be able to equip a primary, secondary, and anti-titan weapon.
- Titan Brawl will be added to the permanent list of game modes. Titan damage will be displayed instead of assists.
- New Featured Mode: Free Agents
- Additional details for balance changes, features, and updates will be provided in the patch notes closer to launch.
Still playing Titanfall 2? Let us know in the comments below!