Amrita is the currency of Nioh, and just like the souls in the Dark Souls series, you’ll get plenty of it for killing enemies. Getting plenty of Amrita makes life easier in Nioh, and there’s more than one way to earn limitless supplies of the stuff in a short amount of time.
We’re not just focusing on late game farming strategies (500k+), we’ll also reveal beginner locations to farm — there’s one particular sub-mission where you can easily earn 25k in 10 minutes while you’re still exploring the very first region.
Note: Don’t forget, before going out to farm Amrita, stop at the Shrine and get a blessing to increase your Amrita drops. Depending on how many Kodama you have unlocked, you can purchase +20%, +40%, +60%, +80%, or +100% Amrita drop bonuses. Check out the Kodama locations guide below for help finding them all in each region.
More Nioh guides, walkthroughs and secrets on Gameranx:
- Nioh: 12 Quick Tips To Make Everything Easier | Beginner’s Guide
- Nioh: How to Defeat Every Boss | Locations, Strategies & Secrets Guide
- Nioh: Upgrade Shrines & Get More Blessings | Kodama Locations [Kyushu]
- Nioh: Upgrade Shrines & Get More Blessings | Kodama Locations [Chugoku]
- Nioh: Customization Options Guide | Hair, Beards, Armor & Disguises
- Nioh: How to Respec Your Skill Points | Book of Reincarnation Guide
- Nioh: All 6 Hiragumo Teakettle Fragments Locations | Trophy Guide
- Nioh: Make the Umi-Bozu Boss Easier With These Bonfire Locations
- Nioh: All Illusory Walls (Nurikabe Demon) Locations | Secret Rooms Guide
- Nioh: How to Open Every Locked Door | All Key Locations Guide
The Best Amrita Farming Methods
Here, we’ll discuss two specific Amrita farming methods — once is available in the first region, and one is available in the last region. Depending on your skill level (and your need for Amrita), select accordingly.
There are multiple ways to increase your Amrita drops in-game. Collecting Kodama and purchasing the Amrita Blessings from the Shrine is available in all regions. You can also join clans to get boosts (Toyotomi Clan), or equip special Guardian Spirits to increase Amrita output. You can use some (or all!) of these methods for even more Amrita.
25k in 10 Minutes [Early Game]
After completing Main Mission 2: Deep in the Shadows, this sub-mission will become available. All you need to do is replay Sub Mission: Finders, Keepers — rinse and repeat for lots of easy Amrita.
- Replay Sub Mission: Finders, Keepers. [For more bonus Amrita, use the Blessing menu at the Shrine.]
- Ignore the other enemies and focus on the Kappa. (The turtle-like yokai with glowing shell.)
- Kill the Kappa and collect your rewards. This mission can be completed in about 5 minutes.
- Rinse and repeat for easy Amrita rewards.
You’ll get about 12.5k Amrita per run, especially if you kill some of the enemies with the Amrita Blessing at the Shrine. This is great for early power-leveling, but if you’re looking to increase your stock of Amrita late in the game, there’s a different sub-mission you can take advantage of.
600k+ in 10 Minutes [Late Game]
To get upwards of 800k Amrita fast, you’ll need to unlock the Sub Mission: Master of The Twin Blades in the final region. You’ll need to complete the Way of the Warrior quests at the Dojo to unlock The Grimmest Blades. Complete The Grimmest Blades and Master of The Twin Blades will become available.
- How to Prepare:
- Complete the final Main Mission and equip the Guardian Spirit you unlock for a +12% Amrita Drop bonus.
- Every time you complete Master of the Twin Blades, you’ll earn x2 “Saisetsu-shin’s Sake” items. These consumables make it so your Amrita earnings multiply after each kill. The multiplier stops if you’re killed.
- Optional: Join the Toyotomi Clan for more bonuses.
This method is all about practice and preparation. The actual sub-mission is challenging, so it helps to use Twin Blades or other fast weapons to kill opponents before you’re completely overwhelmed. You’ll have to fight bosses and tough enemies, but a single run-through should only last about 6-10 minutes, depending on your skill level. Defeating Nue is the hardest part of the mission.
If you can complete the mission without dying, and use Saisetsu-shin’s Sake before the fight, you’ll earn a huge amount of Amrita.
Got your own farming methods? Sound off in the comments and let us know!