Mario’s work is never done in Super Mario Run. Defeating Bowser isn’t enough because there are even more challenging levels to play. After saving Princess Peach, there’s a Mushroom Kingdom’s worth of collectible coins to grab — five in each stage. Finding every Pink Coin unlocks the Purple Coins, and finding every Purple Coin unlocks the Black Coins. There are 120 coins for each type. That’s a grand total of 360 coins you’ll have to nab.
The effort might be worth it, because for each set of 120 you collect, there’s a Special Stage to unlock. See what’s up with the special stages and how you can play them for yourself in the full unlockable guide below.
More Super Mario Run secrets, tips and tricks:
- Super Mario Run: How to Unlock 5 Bonus Characters | Yoshi, Luigi & More
- Super Mario Run: Take Control Of Mario — Here’s How to Stop & Backtrack
- Super Mario Run: Black Coins Locations | Collectibles Guide
- Super Mario Run: How to Perform Stylish Moves For Bonus Coins & Toads
How to Unlock 3 Special Stages | Secret Levels Guide
Note: Collectible Coins are only available in World 1-6 of World Tour mode.
To unlock Special Stages in Super Mario Run, you’ll have to first collect 120 Pink, 120 Purple, or 120 Black Coins. There are five collectible coins of each color in every single stage, and you’ll have to replay every stage at least 3 times to get every single coin.
- How to Unlock Collectible Coins
- Pink Coins: Available from the start. These are the first set of collectible coins, and the easiest to acquire.
- Purple Coins: Unlocked after collecting 120 Pink Coins. Purple Coins are trickier to find than Pink Coins.
- Black Coins: Unlocked after collecting 120 Purple Coins. These are the hardest collectible coins by far. Getting them all is a challenge.
Finding collectible coins doesn’t just unlock new coin tier levels — for each set of coins you complete you’ll also unlock a special stage.
- How to Unlock Special Stages
- Special Stage #1: Collect all 120 Pink Coins.
- Special Stage #2: Collect all 120 Purple Coins.
- Special Stage #3: Collect all 20 Black Coins.
The special stages don’t appear on the World Tour map — instead, you can only access special stages from the My Kingdom menu. Here’s how to do it.
- How to Access Special Stages
- Special Stage #1: From the My Kingdom Shop, select Decorations and place the Pink Coin Pipe. Tap the Pink Coin Pipe in My Kingdom to start the special stage. The Pink Coin Pipe is only available after collecting all 120 Pink Coins.
- Special Stage #2: From the My Kingdom Shop, select Decorations and place the Purple Coin Pipe. Tap the Purple Coin Pipe in My Kingdom to start the special stage. The Purple Coin Pipe is only available after collecting all 120 Purple Coins
- Special Stage #3: From the My Kingdom Shop, select Decorations and place the Black Coin Pipe. Tap the Black Coin Pipe in My Kingdom to start the special stage. The Black Coin Pipe is only available after collecting all 120 Black Coins
Once you’ve unlocked and placed the pipes in the Mushroom Kingdom, all three special stages are just a single tap away.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.