The Guardians of the Galaxy have a ‘Fashion Passion‘ in their latest game — there are 45 costumes total for Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, and all the rest. That means there are 9 costumes total for each character, and there are some deep comic cuts for these already obscure characters. Even for fans that have no idea what these costumes are referencing, they’re still awesome. And we’ve got text locations explaining how to get them all.
Guardians of the Galaxy is an all-new third-person shooter from the team behind Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, putting you in direct control of Star-Lord as you take on a new intergalactic threat. This isn’t a straight adaptation of the MCU, but it does takes more than a few cues from the blockbuster series of films — while also dumping in even more original Marvel Comics lore. Fans looking for even weirder namedrops are going to be in heaven with the big bad guy reveals.
More Guardians of the Galaxy guides:
All Guardian Items | Collectibles Locations | Best Perks To Get Early | How To Unlock Doors In Chapter 7 | What Happens If You Sell Groot Or Rocket | Chapter 10 Fog Puzzle Solution | Free Chapter 6 Collector’s Emporium Ticket | How To Beat Every Boss | All Bosses | Unlockable Costumes Gallery
How To Unlock All 45 Outfits | Hidden Costume Container Locations
Find all 45 outfits to unlock the ‘Fashion Passion‘ achievement / trophy. Only 30 of the outfits are hidden. 15 outfits will automatically unlock as you complete the story. To unlock the achievement / trophy, make sure to put on all the different costumes at least once for each character.
- Rocket: Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) – Very early in the chapter, after sliding down the ramp, Rocket will explain what direction you need to go (to the left) but ignore him. Go to the right and drop down to a hidden ledge.
- Groot: Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) – When you regroup with Groot inside the ship and Rocket talks about cleaner bot swarm you saw, look right for a hole in the wall directly to your right made of pink resin. Crawl through it to find this collectible.
- Star-Lord: Nova Lord – During the sequence where you’re walking with Nikki in the tunnels, you’ll help her push a crate to block off a fire. There’s a section of wall missing straight ahead. Crawl through it.
- Gamora: Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) – In the jungles, Gamora will comment that “something big” has moved through this area after jumping across the lowered wing. Stick to the right wall until you find a path leading to a little hole you can crawl through.
- Inside the cave, break through the exploding eggs and defeat the jelly dudes. Continue until you have to squeeze through a narrow passage. On the way up you’ll find the outfit container.
- Groot: Five Horsemen of the Apocalypse – On the rocky section of the jungle where you fight the ice-tail monsters and collect the cage — order Groot to create a bridge across to the rocky ledge, then break through the wall around the left corner.
- Inside the small cave, freeze the water geyser to create a platform and reach this outfit container.
- Drax: Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) – ONLY AVAILABLE IF YOU CHOOSE TO “SELL GROOT”. In the massive chamber where you’re looking for a switch and the team discusses Lady Hellbender (and her ability to magically activate elevators), run all the way around the left side. It’s a long trip, so just keep running until you find this container.
- OPTIONAL PATH – ONLY AVAILABLE IF YOU CHOOSE TO “SELL ROCKET”. When the red laser wall approaches and your team has to take cover, follow your team and squeeze through the narrow passage of crates. The Guardians will go left through a door — go forward and boost-jump across the platforms.
- Rocket: Five Horsemen of the Apocalypse – ONLY AVAILABLE IF YOU CHOOSE TO “SELL GROOT”. After taking an elevator down into a room filled with stuff, and your team talks about being “almost there”, hop over the table on the right, then squeeze through and duck under the crates.
- OPTIONAL PATH – ONLY AVAILABLE IF YOU CHOOSE TO “SELL ROCKET”. In the sewers filled with thigh-high water, the team will fight about Groot. As you navigate the tunnel, look for an optional path on your left. There’s a dead end path (blocked by white lasers) with an outfit crate.
- Drax: Nova Corps – While in the waiting room, Rocket will shout at the “Gold Domes” about handing over money. Enter the corner office and shoot off the vent — send Rocket through to begin the power re-routing puzzle.
- Unlock the door to the left of the office with the vent (the bathroom) to get this costume container.
- Groot: Nova Corps – After leaving the Hangar Bay, you’ll reach a hallway where the Nova Corpsman announces that “None must escape.” you’ll need to climb through a hole in the ceiling. Before going up, go to the end of the hallway and grab this costume.
- Star-Lord: Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) – In the huge city, you’ll need to reach Cosmo’s Security Tower. Go right, up the stairs to the food marketplace, then find the stairs on the left that lead to a small pavilion. Jump onto the red pipes and check under this set of stairs.
- Rocket: Nova Corps – In the massive circular chamber with the red-glowing NOVA CORPS Power Core in the center, after raising up the elevator and getting clamped into place, run to the room where there’s a high balcony on the left. Order Groot to boost a platform so you can reach the balcony and crawl through the vent.
- Through the vent, there’s a power re-routing puzzle. Use it to open the door to the small room below on the right.
- Gamora: Nova Corps – When the Guardians are discussing Nikki (about whether she’s alive or dead) in the stairwell, go down the stairs until you reach electrified water. Disable the electricity panel, then order Gamora to slice through the pipes.
- Star-Lord: Bad-Lord – After dropping into the strange “Reactor Coolant” and crawling through the vent passage, order Drax to lift the giant container to the right and place it directly over the vent exit we just stepped through. Climb up and you’ll find a costume container at the top.
- Drax: Cage Match – On the skiff overlooking the giant gathering of Converted, it will finally land in a bay near the exterior of the ship. Before going through the door, circle around to the back of the bay.
- Gamora: Five Horsemen of the Apocalypse – While right at the start of the cave with Mantis, the crystal bridge will shatter from a cave-in. Up top, you’ll reach a waterfall — check behind the waterfall to find a treasure.
- Rocket: Hero of Halfworld – In the red rock cavern where you encounter the rocky tank monsters, find a cave passage on the right side with a visible crack on the stone face — order Rocket to crawl through. Rocket will set an explosive charge to break the cracked rock wall.
- On the other side, crawl through the narrow passage and shoot the poison emitters. Don’t break through the eggs on the left. Instead, order Groot to raise the platform. Climb up and shimmy along the ledge to finally reach the costume container.
- Groot: Annihilation: Conquest Suit – In the pitch black cave, Groot will generate light to help you navigate. This one is tricky — after exiting the narrow cave, in the larger room, stick to the right wall until you find a tiny path in the rocks Star-Lord can squeeze into.
- Drax: Thanos Imperative – In the cargo bay where you fight your first battle against the cult, order Drax to pull out the yellow cargo container under one of the movers. Climb up then boost-jump to the tall yellow container with this outfit chest.
- Rocket: The Smuggler – Running through the abandoned marketplace — the first area you’ll reach after taking the elevator down, and where you’ll fight your second battle. Go to the far back and blast the wall to the right with Wind Element to rip the wall down. The wall is just to the right of the narrow passage you need to squeeze into.
- Groot: Impaler – While crawling along the narrow ledge and around a coil of giant cords / pipes, you’ll meet up with Groot and the others. Instead of going forward, look to the left for a pit — on the other side, Star-Lord can pull the wall and reveal a passage. Order Groot to create a root bridge.
- Shoot open the door and send Rocket into the vent near the electrified area. The Costume Container is on the other side.
- This collectible is found right before the battle where Gamora unlocks her Ultimate Ability. Once you reach that point, you’ve gone too far.
- Gamora: Casual Kill – On the “Cross The Rooftops” objective, you’ll eventually find a cracked floor that Drax can smash. Slide down, then immediately turn around to find a path Star-Lord can crawl into.
- You’ll find this cracked floor after completing a big battle crossing the wrecked bridge.
- Star-Lord: Apocalypse-Lord – On the gray mound of brain dust, after the big fight, break the cracked wall and order Drax to move a giant container to the blue marker so you can climb onto the broken bridge. Up top, circle around to a scratched wall that Gamora can cling onto.
- Order Gamora to hang off the wall, then jump up to the higher ledge above. There’s a Costume Container here.
- Gamora: Black Vortex – Early, you’ll move toward an ice wall after crossing a frozen lake — this is after you find the hunt markers. To the right of the ice wall in the first monster arena, you’ll find a scratched wall Gamora can cling to. Climb up and boost-jump to the spire with the Costume Container.
- Groot: Five O’Clock Sprouts – After the first encounter with the snow worms, crawl through and cross the Groot Bridge. Shimmy right and enter a cave. Instead of going left, look right for a dark alcove — inside the cave, you’ll encounter poison gas emitters.
- Star-Lord: War-Lord – In the red rock cavern you’ll enter after unlocking the Fire Element, you’ll need to shoot the ice crystals to drop a platform and cross the gap. After crossing twice, there’s another platform you can drop from the ceiling just ahead to the left. Knock it down, then use Groot to raise it up.
- From the raised platform, you can jump to another small cave alcove.
- Rocket: The Stinger – Right as you enter the forest-like area after hearing the Wendigo’s roar, look left for raised rocks blocked by three plants. Burn all three to reach the high ledge with a Costume Container and more collectibles.
- Drax: Katathian Monk – Reach the burned village, then go down the ice slide into the frozen cavern. At the bottom, look on the left side for a rocky raised ledge. Pass the poison plants and reach the top to get the Costume Container.
- Star-Lord: Team-Lord – In the long passage where you have to take cover from the spinning fan’s wind, reach the (near) end and turn around. There’s a raised platform Star-Lord can reach. Boost-jump up then across to the opposite side to find this Costume Container.
- Drax: Five Horsemen of the Apocalypse – Once you exit out onto the exterior of the ship for the third time, the area will be bombed and partially destroyed. Travel across the gaps and Groot will create a bridge. After crossing the Groot bridge, look right for an optional path leading to an ice wall. Melt the ice and climb to the top.
- Gamora: Chosen Daughter – Once you breach the main section of the ship and travel through the mine, Star-Lord will need to freeze the geyser to cross. This is right after the short fight with the “safety inspectors” dialogue. Hop onto the ice platform, then look left. There are more geysers you can freeze — go through all the ice platforms to find a room packed with treasure.