There is a final boss in the pirate-themed open-world survival game ATLAS — and fittingly enough, it’s a Kraken. Players, working tirelessly in this buggy (but intriguing) game have figured out the steps required to make the Kraken appear, and it’s surprisingly similar to a certain purple dictator’s quest to find the Infinity Stones. Instead of god-like power, players have to acquire nine hidden Power Stones located across the map.
I’m going to break down exactly what it takes to make the Kraken spawn in the center of the map. This extremely long quest doesn’t just give you a final boss to battle with friends, you’ll also collect new emotes for each power stone, earn tons of levels above 50, and eventually get a unique Kraken player skin. All of these secrets were shared by Steam User xcreisx — so all credit should be directed towards them!
How To Fight The Kraken Final Boss | Power Stones Quest Guide
To make the Kraken appear in the center of the map, an area called The Maw [H8] — you’ll first need to hunt down and collect nine Power Stones. The Power Stones are visible on your compass, but you’ll need a strong party to handle the bosses protecting each stone.
Eight of the stones are hidden in PVE islands surrounding the center. There are underground temples on these islands, guarded by a Hydra or Dragon boss. Defeat the island boss, and they’ll drop an Artifact Key — the entrance to the Power Stone temple is usually located near the island boss arena. Take the Artifact Key inside and use it on the strange altar to get the Power Stone. [NOTE: The Artifact Keys will expire after 2 hours.]
- For each Power Stone you collect, you’ll unlock: A journal entry, a dance emote, the matching Power Stone, and increase your level cap.
To get the 9th Power Stone, you’ll need to defeat the Ghost Ship. The Ghost Ship is a unique ship that’s not quite a Ship of the Damned — it appears around tile [F8], west of the Maw.
[Map Tiles are ordered A-O horizontal, 1-15 vertical.]
- Power Stone Locations:
- Stone #1: In a temple, on an island found at Map Tile [F7].
- Stone #2: In a temple, on an island found at Map Tile [H6].
- Stone #3: In a temple, on an island found at Map Tile [C6].
- Stone #4: In a temple, on an island found at Map Tile [G3].
- Stone #5: In a temple, on an island found at Map Tile [O7].
- Stone #6: In a temple, on an island found at Map Tile [D12].
- Stone #7: In a temple, on an island found at Map Tile [M12].
- Stone #8: In a temple, on an island found at Map Tile [O14].
- Stone #9: On the Ghost Ship, sailing around near Map Tile [F8].
Each map tile will only have one PVE island in the center — go there, defeat the boss, get the key, and unlock the temple to collect another Power Stone. When you have all 9, travel to the center tile on the map and the Kraken will spawn.
The Kraken boss fight is tough. You can only hurt the tentacles, and it will spawn waves of Ships of the Damned — it even bubbles up and protects itself with a shield, healing during this phase. It looks like an epic battle, and if you’re able to play with a huge team of friends, it looks absolutely worth your time. Who doesn’t want to fight a giant sea monster?