A Luchador’s work is never done in Guacamelee! 2, and actually unlocking the best possible ending is going to take some extra work from the player. You can’t just beat the last boss and enjoy a happy ending — no way! To get a happy conclusion, you’ll need to track down a pile of keys, unlock a massive door, and finish a bunch of platforming challenges along the way. I’ll explain in detail below.
Guacamelee! 2 picks up where the previous game left off. As a body-slamming Mexican Wrestler, you’ll fight across tons of dungeons of exterior areas, earn upgrades, and fight bosses to progress the story. It’s a guided Metroidvania experience, and one with incredibly tight gameplay. The combat is breezy, with plenty of opportunity to throw your enemies around like ragdolls to keep your combo meter growing.
More Guacamelee! 2 guides on Gameranx:
How To Get The Good Ending | 5 Key Pieces Locations Guide
To get the good ending, you’ll need to unlock a door to the secret chicken meeting place in the Prision ‘El Corazon’. You’ll need to collect 6 key pieces to complete the key and unlock the door. Once you’re inside, you’ll need to complete a difficult series of platforming challenges to reach the Holy Hen. The Holy Hen will give you a special message — with this message, you can take on the final boss again and defeat them to get the happy ending.
- Key Locations:
- Key #1: Infierno – Received for defeating the Cactuardo boss. It can’t be missed.
- Key #2: Templo de Jade – Enter the Templo de Jade’s southern-most entrance in the Los Manglares zone. Below the chicken passage, there’s a green river — unlock the chicken’s hover ability to reach it.
- Key #3: Isla Bonita – Accessed through the western-most door on Isla Bonita. A skeleton chicken guard will stop you from entering the Tule Tree Tops. Lay eggs (earned by completing chicken dungeons) to reach the platforming area. This is a chicken-only area, so unlock all the chicken abilities before attempting it.
- Key #4: Infierno – Find the giant lake of lava on the eastern-most shaft of the Infierno map. Launch across it and complete the platforming challenge.
- Key #5: Los Manglares – Through the lower-left exit from the town hub, drop down to find a secret enemy gauntlet blocked by a yellow wall. This is the hardest enemy arena in the game, so be prepared before going in.
You can replay the end of the game as often as you want. The game will save before fighting the last boss, so if you get the bad ending, you can instantly go back and start hunting for keys. To get each key, you’ll need to complete a difficult challenge room. You’ll need end-game movement abilities and plenty of health / stamina. Wait until you’re right before the final boss before you start hunting the key locations listed above.