For awhile, Toys ‘R’ Us worked hard to convince gamers to shop at their stores. Those times have passed, and Toys ‘R’ Us announced the closure of all their United States stores back in March. It’s a sad time for toy collectors and gamers looking to take advantage of a deal or two — and if you’re stuck with an old gift card, then it’s time to start looking for a way to unload.
CardCash.com is a pretty good resource for dumping unwanted gift cards, but you’ll have to act fast to take advantage of the service. Toys ‘R’ Us gift cards will only be honored up until 4/21/18. That’s the last day you’ll be able to sell (or use) your Toys ‘R’ Us gift cards — unless another chain swoops in to save the day. For now, your best possible bet is Bed Bath and Beyond (and their sister chain, buybuy Baby) — sure, you won’t be able to buy video games or toys, but we all need a good throw pillow or two.
How To Exchange Toys ‘R’ Us Gift Cards
Before you sell off your Toys ‘R’ Us gift card, it’s important to know that Toys ‘R’ Us gift cards will still be honored up until April 21st, 2018.
- Bed, Bath and Beyond / buybuy BABY are running a deal through Thursday (April 5th, 2018), allowing customers to exchange unused Toys ‘R’ Us or Babies ‘R’ Us gift cards for reduced value eGift Cards that can be used in-store or online.
- Currently, the special Bed, Bath and Beyond exchange rate is set at 85.6% — you’ll get $85.60 back for a $100 Toys ‘R’ Us gift card exchange.
- To exchange, go to this Bed Bath and Beyond worksheet and fill in your information.
- If you agree to the offer, Bed Bath and Beyond will send your eGift Card in 24 hours.
Even after the deal is up, you can still sell unused Toys ‘R’ Us gift card on CardCash.com.
- CardCash sales can offer up to 92% of the value of a gift card. You can also exchange your gift card for a different card, at a reduced value.
- The price fluctuates. Right now, Toys ‘R’ Us gift cards are selling at about 60% their normal value, or about $60 for a $100 gift card.
See what the Bed, Bath and Beyond deal isn’t so bad? You’ll get almost 25% more for your exchange than normal. Check