Psyonix never stops adding content to Rocket League, and on March 22, the game will receive a brand new mode titled Dropshot.
Over on Rocket League‘s website, the description details the new mode as a goal-less mode, where players will have to break the floor of their opponents’ side by repeatedly hitting the floor with the ball. The ball will gain strength the more time you spend in your opponent’s half or dribble.
Regular goalposts are nowhere to be found in the new stadium, so players must create their own dynamic scoring areas by using an electrified ball to break and eventually open the floor on their opponent’s side. Once a goal has been scored, that side of the arena closes back up and the action begins anew until time expires. As an added twist, the electrified ball itself will gain strength as players continue to hit and dribble it, with harder hits giving it stronger damage potential that can be unleashed on the opposing team’s floor to varying degrees.
Here is everything the update on March 22 will include:
Season 4 Begins
- It’s a new day for Competitive players as we kick off Season 4 and grant the wheel rewards to Season 3 players based on the highest competitive skill tier reached.
- RLCS ‘Live Now’ Button – Just in time for the latest season of the Rocket League Championship Series, the Main Menu now boasts an onscreen notifier every time there’s an official Competitive stream.
- Spectator Camera Improvements – We’ve listened to community feedback and added a Boost Meter and Rumble Power-up indicator for watchers in Player View.
- Play on the jolting ‘Core 707’ stadium via the Dropshot playlist and brave the competition on the ‘Mannfield (Night)’ variant on all playlists.
Original Import Battle-Car
- Endo – Available exclusively as a limited-drop inside the Turbo Crate
- Our speed-themed Turbo Crate brings all-new exclusive Garage items to Rocket League!
You could potentially find a new Import Battle-Car, animated Decals,
Exotic Wheels, Black Market surprises, and more.
New Unlockable Crate Items
- Suji, Xenosplash, Furry Paint, Kalos
Are you excited for the new mode?