Psyonix took to the PlayStation Blog to announce that the face-paced soccer meets cars game, Rocket League will be receiving an official PS4 Pro patch. The patch is scheduled to release on February 21, and it will allow the game to run at 4K 60 frames per second on the PS4 Pro.
Psyonix also managed to bring an update to the standard PS4, which allows users to play the game in full 1080p with 60 frames per second in both single and two-player split-screen modes. Three and four-player split-screen modes will offer 60 frames per second in most arenas at the same resolutions.
In addition to the new visual optimizations we’re making, our next update will also bring…
- Hot Wheels premium DLC cars, Twin Mill III and Bone Shaker (sold separately).
- Additional free Hot Wheels-themed post-match item drops, including both Toppers and Antennas.
- A new fan-voted “Player’s Choice” Crate filled with some of the community’s favorite items.
- PS4-specific technical improvements.
- Multiple performance optimizations and bug fixes.
The Rocket League PS4 Pro patch is set to release on February 21.