Winner of Ludum Dare 29 The Sun and Moon is described as a unique, gravity reversing platformer game that lets you dive into the ground. Literally. The unusual feature was inspired by the Ludum Dare theme for 2014, ‘beneath the surface’. Gameplay occupies players with the challenge of collecting three orbs within each level, and jumping into a wormhole- but it’s easier said than done.
The full list of game features is as follows:
- Dive into the ground – This unique mechanic preserves your momentum, letting you use the level itself to overcome a huge range of challenges.
- Conquer over 150 levels – Run, jump and dive your way through levels spanning from easy to brutally difficult. You’ll need to both master the controls as well as think outside the box.
- Non-linear level unlock system – Explore the game in whatever order best suits you.
- Achieve time goals – Three tiers of medals provide an additional challenge for even the easiest levels
- Minimalistic graphics – Straight-to-the-point graphics help you focus on the gameplay.
- Music by Dubmood – A killer track that grows as you progress.
The Sun and Moon is coming out for Xbox One on January 27 with a RRP of $6.99 USD. Pre-order the game today for a 10% discount.