The highly anticipated massive open world multiplayer game, Elite Dangerous has finally received a release window for PS4. The game is set to release in Quarter 2 of 2017, meaning we’re looking at early April to late June release.
The PS4 version of Elite Dangerous will come with every expansion to date, bringing players the full experience from day one. Elite Dangerous: Horizons season pass and custom PlayStation 4 features, include:
• Touch Navigation. Explore Elite Dangerous’ map of the Milky Way with a swipe using touchpad controls that make navigation fast and easy.
• Extra Control. Customize four additional touchpad ‘hotkeys’ to suit your own play style.
• Fast Headlook. Quickly track your enemies in the heat of combat with optional motion-based headlook controls powered by the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller.
Frontier CEO and Eliteco-creator David Braben had this to say:
We’re thrilled to bring Elite Dangerous to PlayStation 4,’ said Frontier CEO and Eliteco-creator David Braben. ‘Elite Dangerous is unlike any other space game, with a rich multiplayer or single-player space, a true-to-life galaxy including our own entire night sky, real physics, unique ship handling characteristics and a player-driven narrative that’s really heating up. The galaxy has been stable for centuries, but all that is about to change. PlayStation 4 players will be joining our galaxy at a very exciting time.’
Check out the launch trailer down below:
Developer Frontier Developments also announced that gamers who own a PS4 Pro will be able to take advantage with Elite Dangerous. As of now, they said the Pro will benefit from performance, making the game run at a smoother frame rate.
Elite Dangerous is a massive open-world where players get in their ships and explore the vast universe. Check out some of the main features in the game down below:
• Play Your Way. Fight. Trade. Explore. Survive. Starting with only a small starship and a handful of credits, blaze your own trail in a cutthroat galaxy and earn the skill, knowledge, wealth and power to stand among the ranks of the legendary Elite. Customize your ships, build a fleet and live a complete life on humanity’s galactic frontier.
• A Hard Science Galaxy. From outer space to the surfaces of worlds, Elite Dangerous uses real scientific principles to re-create the sights and spectacle of our own Milky Way galaxy at its true proportions, all powered by the most sophisticated simulation in videogames.
• Massively Multiplayer. Experience unpredictable encounters as you cooperate and compete with players from around the world in the Milky Way galaxy of the fourth millennium. Journey alone or with friends in space and on planet surfaces.
• Player-Driven Narrative. In an age of galactic superpowers and interstellar war, every player’s story influences the unique connected gaming experience and evolving narrative. Governments are overthrown, battles are lost and won, and humanity’s frontier is reshaped, all by players’ actions.
Elite Dangerous is available now for PC and Xbox One and is coming to PlayStation 4 in Q2 2017.