“Starbase Arc” is the name for the new update for Rocket League. Psyonix will be adding Steam support, new features and modes (such as the colorblind mode), a new car (as a paid DLC), and of course- a new arena. The new update is set to arrive today and it seems many people are really excited for it.
With a name like “Starbase Arc”, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that the new arena is in outer space. The octagonal map has many futuristic features in the background that create a great atmosphere for the arena. Some of the features includes laser light shows, and star-ship battles to name a few.
Here is a more detailed list of what players will be getting with this new update:
- Steam Workshop Support: Allows Unreal Engine 3 UDK users to create custom levels for the game via a Steam Workshop Uploader Tool.
- Arena Preference Selector: Highly requested feature allows players to “Like” or “Dislike” Arenas in the game to increase or decrease odds of playing on them again in online matches.
- “Champion Series IV” Crate: The popular Champion Series continues with all-new exclusive garage items to help support Psyonix esports initiatives. Potentially unlock a new Import Battle-Car, animated Decals, Exotic Wheels, Black Market surprises, and more.
- Two Variant Arenas: “Wasteland (Night)” and “Utopia Coliseum (Snowy)” dropping into Exhibition and Private matches plus all ranked playlists.
- Redesigned SARPBC Vehicles: Free visual redesigns for the veteran Battle-Cars “X-Devil” and “Gizmo”
- New Colorblind Mode: New “Color Blind Mode” is available in the “Options” menu, adding high-contrast orange and blue shades along with high contrast nameplates.
Well, if no one else will say it, I will… This update is going to be out of this world.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.