Back at E3 2016, Sony dropped a bombshell and announced that the fan favorite character, Crash Bandicoot will be making his way back to PlayStation.
Since E3 the game went quiet, but at PSX 2016, a brand new trailer debuted showing off actual gameplay of the remastered title; check it out:
The game is looking phenomenal, giving players both that sense of nostalgic memories and the much need improvements. The game will come packed with new features as well. Game director, Dan Tanguay, shared on the PS Blog some features players could expect. Check them out down below:
- Rebuilt characters, following the original designs
- Rebuilt levels, based on the original geometry
- Rebuilt cinematics, inspired by the originals
- Unified checkpointing & save game system. This includes manual and auto-saving. (Yes, the first game now has a proper save game system!)
- Unified menu system. Here an example of the Pause menu for Crash Bandicoot
- Time Trials in all three games!
The remastered Crash Bandicoot games, which are being titled as the N. Sane Trilogy, is still set for a 2017 release date for the PS4.