Originally released for mobile, Townsmen is a casual strategy sim which lets players develop a grand empire while balancing the responsibilities of managing an economy and making villagers happy. A PC version has finally launched today, marking thirteen years of history for the franchise.
Headup Games’ highly anticipated franchise provides multiple levels of difficulties, catering to more hardcore strategy gamers as well as rookies with their fresh angle on the genre. Townsmen boasts a range of dynamic features including the following:
- City-building gameplay set in medieval times
- Cute inhabitants with their own daily routines
- Complex economy sim and deep production chains
- Dozens of different town and production buildings
- Optional military feature with soldiers and bandits
- Diverse scenarios and challenging tasks
- Unrestricted sandbox gameplay mode
- Crisp HD graphics and sound
Additionally, there are plenty of enemy bandits lurking nearby, waiting for the perfect opportunity to plunder and pillage your town. To prevent citizens from harm, players can build barracks, guard towers, and recruit soldiers to fight against impending threats.
Townsmen is currently $9.95 USD on Steam, %17 off its original price until December 8.