Paradox is offering a system of daily rewards for players who log into Tyranny for several consecutive days. No, it isn’t DLC or microtransactions, so don’t worry about it too much.
The system is merely there to incentivize players to sign up for a Paradox account, which is free, and works in tangent with the publisher’s bustling online community. For logging in each day to Obsidian Entertainment’s new Planescape: Torment-like RPG, players will receive the following rewards at random:
- Healing Potion (Fine) – 50% HP
- Healing Potion (Superior) – 100% HP
- Potion of Revival – brings a fallen party member back from KO
- Cairn’s Leaf – +4 Armor, +20% Endurance defense
- Oldwater – +10 Arcane Armor, +20% Magic defense
- Potion of Elemental Barrier – +10 Shock/Fire/Frost Armor, +50 Defense vs. Paralyzed/Burning/Frozen
- Dire Remedy – 120-pt Stasis Shield, +4% Max Health
- Potion of Heroes – +2 to all Attributes
- Scarlet Poison – Poisons enemies on Crit
- Fatiguing Toxin – Weakens enemies on Crit
- Potion of Invisibility
- Skycap – +10 Lore, +10 Magic Skills, +4 Wits
It’s really not that much, and given the game’s already-existing randomized loot system, there’s a good chance you’ll pick up any of these items in less than an hour of adventuring. None of the rewards you receive for logging into the Paradox account will in any way upset the game’s difficulty—and it’s certainly very challenging, even on Normal difficulty.
The reward system joins Paradox’s other titles, like Cities: Skylines, which also offers players little gifts for logging in.
The items themselves are inconsequential, so don’t worry about it.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.