GamesMaster UK has another tip from their Square Enix source, this time detailing some of the things gamers can expect from Final Fantasy XV. Although GamesMaster UK was initially wrong about the unveiling of FFXV at E3, they are adamant about the validity of their source.
Here's what the source had to say:
– Including the concept planning and pre-production phase, the game has already been in development for over 4 years.
– It entered full production in January 2010, a month after FFXIII was released in Japan. Since then it has had a development team of just over 200 people.
– The director is the same person who directed FFVI, FFIX and FFXII, Hiroyuki Ito.
– The co-director led a small part of the development team to make Tactics Ogre for the PSP in parallel with FFXV. He’s currently multi-tasking as lead UI designer of FFXIV 2.0 and co-director of FFXV.
– The game design and battle system will be a major evolution of FFXII.
– The game will be open world and have sprawling, crowd-filled cities on par with Assassin’s Creed.
– The battle system now allows you to target different parts of an enemy’s body like in Vagrant Story.
– Yoichi Wada (president of Square Enix) wants the game to have a world scale and volume of content that surpasses The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. He also wants the game to surpass FFVII in worldwide sales and critical reception.
– Will release on all major current gen platforms.
Open world Final Fantasy. It's like Square Enix has been reading my diary. Hopefully these rumors will end up being true, but I guess only time will tell.
The logo used above is fan-made.