Iron Tides is a viking-themed, rogue-like, tactical survival type of game. It went through the Square Enix Collective with an impressive 85% rate of approval. Currently the game is about 40% away from its goal, and this is the final week that they are running their Kickstarter campaign.
“Iron Tides is a project born from the hearts of warriors. We aspire to bring you into the life of a chieftain. With your help, we’re close to achieving that goal. Pledge your support and become one of the warband!” — Carina Kom, Cofounder and lead designer
In Iron Tides, you step into the role of a chieftain who must lead a loot-hungry warband on raids. Through turn-based strategy, tough decisions must be made. Such as sacrificing a wounded crew overboard in order to save food resources, or pay bribes to avoid fights your men are too tired to engage in.
Iron Tides will also feature:
- A world without end: procedurally generated oceans full of dangers and riches
- Viking colonies: discover lost viking colonies to replenish your stocks, sell what you don’t need, and recruit fresh warriors
- A place to call home: Return to Norhaven to celebrate your victories, purchase new wares and plan your next raid
- Unique vikings: no two vikings are exactly alike as their skills are drawn from a pool of possible abilities and their upgrade path is procedurally generated
- Permanent death for your crew: your lost warriors will not come back and help on the next raid