Aleksandra Zaryanova, or better known as simply Zarya, made her debut in Overwatch, but now you can play the celebrated athlete in Heroes of the Storm. In order to give players a bit more familiarity to how the Zarya character will handle in the multiplayer online battle arena video game, Blizzard has released a new spotlight video that focuses strictly on the latest added roster character.
Within the latest video spotlight, gamers can get a bit more detailed overview of Zarya. For instance, we know that Zarya was a celebrated athlete and during a time of war, she set aside personal glory to protect her country. Now a war veteran, Zarya has added a number of skills to use against enemy forces.
For the most part, Zarya is a warrior type character that focuses more on energy-based weapons. While the character doesn’t officially become available within the game until tomorrow, September 27, 2016, we already know that she will have three skins along with her abilities which we’ll label down below, thanks to Gamepedia.
- Each time Zarya’s Personal Barrier or Shield Ally absorbs 22 (11 + 4% per level) damage, her Energy is increased by 1. Each point of Energy increases Zarya’s damage by 2%. After 0.5 seconds, Energy decays by 3 per second.
- Launch a particle grenade that deals 136 (65 + 4% per level) damage to enemies within the area. Deals 50% damage to Structures.
- Gain a shield that absorbs 1228 (583 + 4% per level) damage for 3 seconds.
- Grants an allied Hero a shield that absorbs 921 (437 + 4% per level) damage for 3 seconds.
- Launch a gravity bomb that detonates after 1 second and draws enemy Heroes toward the center for 2.5 seconds.
- Launch a gravity bomb that deals 272 (129 + 4% per level) damage and creates an expulsion zone for 3.5 seconds. Enemies who enter the affected area are knocked back and have their Movement Speed reduced by 50% for 1 second.
Take a look at her spotlight video posted above along with some character shots of Zarya down below.