Final Fantasy XV Ultimate Collector’s Edition Isn’t That Ultimate; Doesn’t Even Contain Game’s Season Pass
Square Enix detailed the contents of the Ultimate Collector’s Edition for their highly-anticipated title, Final Fantasy XV.
The Final Fantasy XV Ultimate Collector’s Edition is priced at $270 USD, but the studio seemed to forget to include the game’s season pass, which is only $25. There will only be 40,000 units available for purchase, so if you want one, make sure you grab one quick.
Game Director Hajime Tabata and Art Director Tomohiro Hasegawa recently held a Twitter Q&A session, and PlayStation Lifestyle were generous enough to grab all the new details.
- In terms of post-game content, they aren’t saying much right now, “but there’s some areas (& monsters) you can only reach/fight once you beat the game.”
- Asked if we’re getting a great love story in Final Fantasy XV between Noctis and Luna, they said, “We have included those themes but it’ll be different to say Tidus & Yuna in FFX.”
- “Luna is a strong modern woman & this comes across in her relationship with Noctis. She’s a different kind of heroine to previous FF ones.”
- They don’t have any plans for Final Fantasy Type-Next. “We’re putting all our efforts into #FFXV and people would be angry if we started working on something else,” they added.
- They “haven’t seen any leaks that have got everything right.”
- Because they’ve been so busy, Heavy Rain and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 are the two games Hasegawa and Tabata last finished.
- Once FFXV is released, Tabata will play Civilization VI, while Hasegawa wants to go on holiday.
Final Fantasy XV is set to release on November 29 for PS4 and Xbox One.