Mordheim, Games Workshop’s tactical tabletop game, will soon be playable on your mobile device. Nottingham-based Legendary Games has announced that Mordheim: Warband Skirmish will see a limited launch in late 2016.
Per Legendary Games’ press release, their version of Mordheim will feature player-vs-player action, where customizable warbands will face off in the demolished city, looking for shards of wyrdstone and artifacts and outmaneuvering opponents. Warbands are customizable and upgradeable, with detailed stats and equipment loadouts.
At launch, Mordheim: Warband Skirmish will feature three factions of Mercenaries: Reikland, Middenheim, and Marienburg. More factions will be released later as downloadable content.
“I and the rest of the team working on this have lived and breathed the Warhammer World ever since we were kids, and are looking forward to recreating a faithful and exciting rendering of Mordheim on mobile platforms,” said Legendary CEO Ewan Lamont.
A playable beta of the game will be available at Warhammer Age of Sigmar Open Day 2016 on August 13.
From Legendary’s press release, here’s the list of key features:
- Multiplayer online – players will go up against other real player’s warbands
- Launching on iOS with plans to follow up on Android and Amazon soon after
- Starting with the three Mercenary factions all others and hire swords will follow as DLC
- Tactical turn-based gameplay with incredible action sequences
- Recruit, customize and train your warband
- A rich powerful immersive fantasy world capturing the feel and RPG aspects of the IP
Legendary plans to launch Mordheim: Warband Skirmish on iOS in “limited territories” by the end of the year, with Android and Amazon app store releases planned to follow in 2017.