Niantic Labs released another update for its successful game Pokemon Go. The update gives the player a reminder to not play the game while driving a car.
The patch notes include a new reminder not to play while “traveling above a certain speed”, bug fixes, and the ability to change your nickname. Also, the “Nearby” feature is gone, replaced by “Sightings”.
Sightings seems to be a replacement for the Nearby feature, which provides insight into the Pokemon in the vicinity, but this was removed. This new Sightings feature shows which Pokemon are in the area.
These Pokemon will stay on your Sightings screen as you get closer, but will disappear if you move further away. This does make tracking them down a bit easier, but does not reveal exact locations.
The patch notes include, which can also be found on Niantic’s website:
- Dialog to remind Trainers they should not play while traveling above a certain speed. Trainers must confirm they are not driving in order to continue playing.
- Improvements to accuracy of a curveball throw
- Fixed a bug that prevented “Nice”, “Great”, and “Excellent” Poke Ball throws from awarding the XP bonuses
- Fixed achievements showing incorrect Medal icons
- Trainers can change their nickname one time.
- Fixed issues with battery saver mode in iOS and re-enabled the feature.
- Added visuals of Team Leaders Candela, Blanche, and Spark.
- Currently testing a variation of the “Nearby Pokemon” feature with a subset of users. During this period you may see variation in the nearby Pokemon UI.
- Minor text fixes