The popular Plants VS. Zombies game that ate chunks of hours out of your life just so you could fill up your zen garden, find the zombie yeti, and grow your tree of life to it’s fullest is now going to eat out of your wallet, specifically your credit cards and cash, instead. PopCap Games has gotten into brand licensing agreements with multiple companies. Each company and what it will be doing with the Plants VS. Zombies franchise is listed below.
- Bioworld Merchandising will be creating apparel, headwear, bags and accessories
- Jazwares is developing a series of plush toys, figures and electronic accessories including headphones, USBs, speakers and device cases
- Walls360 will be offering a starting line-up of wall graphics including individual characters and exclusive bundles
- Funko will be creatingÂ Plants vs. ZombiesÂ versions of their distinctive Pop! Vinyl Figurines
- MjC International is working on adult sleepwear and boxers
- Trends International is developing calendars and posters
If you survive the apocalypse then watch out for PopCap’s next line which will be based off of it’s addictive Bejeweled franchise.