The Dark Souls III video game was first released back in April of this year. Since then, the game was praised by critics and gamers alike. That, however, doesn’t mean the development team didn’t have room to make adjustments. Now, months after its release, a new patch has been sent out that adjusts various weapons within the game, such as the beloved Dark Sword.
Developers FromSoftware released a new patch late last week that was aimed to modify select weapons and items throughout the game. Unfortunately, if you favored the Dark Sword, and that’s just about everybody who played the game, then you’ll find that it was reduced efficiency. That’s exactly what the patch notes states at least, though online it was found to have dropped its effectiveness of about 5%.
That’s not the only weapon that was adjusted for lower stats, as Anri’s Straight Sword has been reduced in scaling effects. Although, not all the weapons or items were reduced, others were increased to give them a bit more of an advantage when being picked up during your travels.
Take a look at the full patch notes rundown posted down below. As for Dark Souls III, the video game is currently available for purchase on the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One platforms.
- All Dagger weapons: increased critical attack power.
- Dark Sword: reduced weapon efficiency.
- Anri’s Straight Sword: reduced scaling effects.
- Wolnir’s Holy Sword: added faith scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
- Crescent Moon Sword: added intelligence scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
- Morne’s Great Hammer: added faith scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
- Lothric’s Holy Sword: added faith scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
- Yorshka’s Spear: increased FP damage effects.
- Scholar’s Candlestick: reduced sorcery-strengthening properties.
- Demon’s Fist: reduced weight.
- Greatsword of Judgement: increased attack power.
- Heysel’s Pick: increased intelligence scaling.
- All shield-piercing weapons: added shield-piercing properties to regular attacks.
- All Skills that enchant a weapon with special properties: extended length of effect.
- Obscuring Ring: increased distance at which ring takes effect.
- Hornet Ring: adjusted efficiency.
- Black Serpent: adjusted tracking.
- Lightning Stake: now requires 1 attunement slot.
- Magic Barrier/Great Magic Barrier: extended length of effect.
- Divine Pillars of Light: increased attack power.
- White Dragon Breath: reduced stamina consumption.
- All Bug Pellet items: extended length of effect.
- Addressed other game balance issues and fixed other flaws.