Bethesda is preparing to release the first update for their release of Doom. Within the update, gamers can expect to see a number of bug fixes and patches, but there is also some new features that will be tossed in as well. For one, gamers who remember playing the classic Doom title can select the original weapon placement view, giving gamers a more centered look when roaming around the corridors fighting off demons.
Originally, Doom featured the weapon the weapon placement in the center of the screen and while it didn’t make too much sense aesthetically compared to other first-person shooters, gamers can once again enjoy the centered view in the upcoming update. Known as the classic Doom weapon placement option, gamers can easily toggle it on and off within the settings.
Likewise, there is a new Photo Mode toggle that will be placed within the game settings that can be activated through the pause menu. Besides the two new features, the upcoming update will fix a number of various bugs and patches for the game.
You can take a look at what all is set to come with the update when it releases on June 30, 2016, by checking out the patch notes down below.
DOOM Update #1 Release Notes
New Features and Optimizations
- Added Classic DOOM weapon placement/view model option (all modes)
- Added Photo Mode (You’ll find the new Photo Mode toggle in the game settings. It is available through the pause menu once you are loaded into a map via Mission Select)
- Updated weapon balance (live as of June 10, 2016)
- Clan Arena and Freeze Tag now require the winning team to complete 5 rounds in order to win the match. (live as of June 10, 2016)
- Customization UI has been implemented to show all possible unlocks
- Cross Style option has been added to settings for MP.
- Added Original Author to the map info page
- Added a timeout for AFK in Lobby
- Added a property to allow map authors to choose if SnapMap will auto-manage (hide/show) hand-placed AI
- Added Enable/Disable to Shootable Trigger
- Added Sky/Window props
- Added an auto-rollback to previous version for corrupted maps
- Improved sorting algorithms for Most Popular map searches
- Fixed Steam Friends’ Ultra-Nightmare Helmets not populating the map
- Fixed freeze when opening weapon wheel at more than 142 FPS (PC)
- Fixed quit to desktop when clicking campaign after initiating Dev Mode (PC)
- Fixed “IDKFA” Trophy/Achievement not properly unlocking (all versions)
- Fixed PS4 crash when reloading checkpoint in Foundry
- Fixed some occurrences of the “Every Nook and Cranny” Trophy not unlocking after collecting all Doomguys (PS4)
- Fixed an issue where the game required Internet access (Xbox One)
- Fixed crash while experiencing server connection issues (PS4)
- Fixed crash when a client suspends the game while a lobby loads into a match (PS4)
- Various cosmetic and gameplay fixes
- Fix for restrictive NAT types being chosen as dedicated server lobby host
- Fix for larger lobbies having longer matchmaking times
- Fix for Player getting left behind if they join a friend as the lobby countdown finishes
- Bug and stability fixes
- Fixed Asian language font issues
- Fixed AI pathing error with certain types of props
- Fixed error where multiple maps share the same Map ID
- Various map error fixes
- Various logic fixes
- Various stability fixes
- Fixed Dev Mode incorrectly triggering when the user retrieves their own save data from Steam Cloud