Dark Souls 3 hasn’t exactly had the best launch of the series, especially on PC. A large number of players are experiencing regular crashes at the game’s first bonfire while others are having to find workarounds like setting the game’s lighting to low, or being forced to wear a helmet, just to play the game with a sense of stability. A quick look at the negative reviews on Steam will give a good look at the problems PC players are running into
On Monday, From Software will release Update 1.03.1 that unfortunately doesn’t appear to fix any of these issues. It’s complete changelog can be found below.
Dark Souls III – Update 1.03.1 Changelog:
- Performance adjustment for “Greatsword”
- Battle performance adjustment for “Dancer’s Enchanted Sword”, “Winged Knight Twinaxes”
- Performance adjustment for “Soul’s Greatsword”, and “Farron Flashsword”
- Fix for issue where multiple items become impossible to use at “Road of Sacrifices”, “Farron Keep”, “Cathedral of the Deep” after clearing the game.
- General balance adjustments and bug fixes
Perhaps some of the “general balance adjustment and bug fixes” will provide some relief for PC players, but for now, PC players would be best advised to set use the aforementioned fix of setting their lighting setting to low, and wearing a helmet whenever possible. Choosing the knight class from the start will give your character a nice starting helmet, allowing you to push through the bug at the start of the game.