The minimum system specs you would need to play the second installment of the Call of Duty Modern Warfare franchise, Modern Warfare 2, were revealed on Steam yesterday. Here’s what Steam says you’ll need to have in your computer to run it:
- – OS: Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Vista (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
- – Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor or better supported
- – Memory: 1 GB RAM
- – Graphics: 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT or better or ATI Radeon 1600XT or better
- – DirectXÂ®: Microsoft DirectX(R) 9.0c
- – Hard Drive: 12GB of free hard drive space
- – Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- – Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet Connection required for activation.
- – Co-op/Multiplayer Hosting: To host Co-op or MP matches, a 2Ghz dual-core or better processor is recommended.
The specs seem pretty basic, although the game won’t be too pleasing on the eyes and won’t look even mildly close to the screenshot above if you have a similar setup you will still be able play the game.