Black Desert Online is set to become almost a third bigger when the Mediah Expansion for the game launches tomorrow, March 30th.
In a press release issued today, Daum Games said the expansion will add plenty of additional quests, tough bosses, and extra content. “With the Mediah Expansion, players can rise to new levels of power and achieve greatness like never before,” the developer says.
The Mediah region adds everything from peaceful farmsteads to bustling trade ports with plenty to offer both newcomers to the game and veterans. The above trailer will give you some idea of what to expect from the new area.
Below are some of the features included with the Mediah Expansion:
- World size increased by 30%
- Over 1,000 new quests
- Kzarka – An enormous boss that can take on hundreds of players at a time
- New guild missions, including special bosses that drop formidable weapons
- Crimson Battlefield – Instanced 40v40 skirmishes that players can queue for in groups of five or solo
- New weapons and more powerful armor set
- Craftable Alchemy Stones allow players to apply Attack, Defense, or Life bonuses to their equipment
- Equipment can be enchanted to higher levels
In Gameranx’s review of Black Desert Online, we said “Its tight combat, numerous tradecrafts, and extensive setting have left me hooked. If you’re craving something new over the well-traveled roads of many other MMOs, you owe it to yourself to give Black Desert a deeper look. But if dungeons, raids, and the treadmill of increasingly impressive loot are what you’re looking for, then you’ll have to look elsewhere.”
For more on the game, check out our dedicated tag.