Any veteran of Diablo III will tell you that the only way to play the game now is to have a character boosted to the max level before participating in gearing up for the Seasons that were introduced to the game not too long after the release of its expansion.
Normally, you get boosted to level 70 by a character with lots of Paragon levels and the gear to match in a series of Rifts in the highest Torment level. Most players can manage it in an hour or less, but one player is so geared up that he can boost a level 1 character to 70 in 33 seconds. That has to be some kind of record.
According to Blacklung, doing so requires a bit of planning and also a bit of luck. Preparation may take longer than actually boosting a character normally, so this whole exercise was one done for show. Here’s what he did:
- Enter a Cow Rift instead of a regular Rift. They’re rare, but they’ll spawn more often this month due to the on-going Kanai event. Cow Rifts offer more XP, gold and better items than regular ones.
- Farm every bounty in Torment X difficulty. Get all the caches you accumulate and drop them on the ground.
- Use gold-to-XP bracers (Custerian Wristguards) with Kanai’s Cube for its legendary affix. Every piece of gold you get from monsters and bounty caches will be converted into XP.
- Wear Leoric’s Signet and Leoric’s Crown socketed with a red gem. Both items increase XP gain.
- Use a level 25 “Gem of Ease” that will reduce the level requirements of any item to level 1. It also increases the amount of XP you gain by a lot.
- Have a full party.
As you can see in the video, the instant the player picks up the gold, he turns into level 50-something due to the gold-to-XP conversion.