A brand new competitive mode just launched in Evil Dead: The Game. Players can dive into the action in the title’s brand new battle royale-style mode, Splatter Royale, which looks like it’ll be just as gory as it sounds. Boss Team Games and Saber Interactive have also shared a new trailer for the new mode, which shows just what players can expect when they download the free update for the game today.
Splatter Royale will see players doing battle with up to 40 other players in a last-man-standing mode. Players will also be able to choose Deadite versions of any Survivors and Demons from the game when they’re taking part in Splatter Royale battles. This also extends to any DLC characters and outfits that players have previously purchased. The action looks set to provide plenty of high-paced, cutthroat combat, which you can check out in a bit more detail for yourself in the new trailer that’s just been released for Evil Dead: The Game’s Splatter Royale mode.
Players will be able to make use of two new additional bonus weapons in the Splatter Royale action. These will be the long-range grenade launcher and the scythe, which looks to be especially handy for those up close and personal encounters with the Deadites. There’s also a new free outfit up for grabs for all players as part of today’s update. Pablo’s “Kandarian Facelift” Outfit is free to claim from today.
Players are also now able to pick up some additional paid DLC as a separate bundle to the free update. The Immortal Power DLC Bundle is available from today and will cost players $9.99. It has some pretty decent content though, most notably that of a new Survivor for players to get to grips with. The Immortal Power DLC Bundle includes the following items, for those interested in boosting their Evil Dead: The Game experience further.
- New Survivor: Ruby Knowby – Ruby is voiced by the legendary Lucy Lawless, reprising her mysterious role from the STARZ series “Ash vs Evil Dead.” As a Dark One, Ruby can regenerate health, increase her possession resistance, and boost the damage of her weapons. She can also consume souls to make her aura stronger and charge her unique ability, triggering a deadly blast that damages evil units within range and heals nearby Survivors.
- Kelly “Scourge of Evil” Outfit
- Pablo “Fish n’ Chips” Outfit
- Ash vs Evil Dead “Party Animal” Outfit
- Puppeteer Demon Class “King of the White Frost” Outfit
Evil Dead: The Game is available now on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and on PC via the Epic Games Store.