A new update for Fallout Shelter will be released later this week and publisher Bethesda says it will be the game’s biggest to date. Update 1.4 will introduce crafting, new rooms, additional pets, and more.
The details of what to expect from the update have been provided in a new blog post on Bethesda’s site.
- Turn worthless junk into useful items! Introducing… crafting!
- New Rooms! Build the new Weapon and Armor crafting rooms and use them to create your own items in game!
- Lunchboxes now contain a bonus 5th card: Junk! Trust us – it’s more useful than it sounds. Lucky wasteland explorers may also find junk on their adventures.
- Take the Overseer role to the next level. Build the new Barbershop and customize the look of any Dweller.
- Keep up with the latest fashions! Find new Outfits and Weapons straight from Fallout 4 in lunchboxes, or craft them yourself!
- Because four-legged companions bring overwhelming happiness, we’ve added new Dogs and Cats, and are introducing…Parrots! Plus, new Pet bonuses!
- Time of day is now properly reflected. Because authentic Vault simulation is our #1 goal!
It’ll be interesting to see precisely how the time of day feature will be implemented and the impact it will have on your Vault’s dwellers. Of course, if Bethesda really wanted to authentically simulate the Vault experience there would probably be some sort of wacky experiment going on behind the scenes.
The option to customize the appearance of a dweller is also long overdue.
Bethesda recently said the success of Fallout Shelter has encouraged it to make more mobile games in future. As a reminder, Fallout 4’s season pass increases in price by $20 from March 1st, so get it for $29 while you still can.