Thirsty for them Dark Souls 3 details? It’s your lucky day. Japanese fans who got to play the Dark Souls 3 demo at the recent unveiling shared their impressions of the game, and we’ve got their observations here for your perusal. Here are some of their thoughts:
- It seems to load faster than Bloodborne. Some fans attribute this to being kept too busy by the game to pay attention to how long loading actually was.
- There is no mid roll, only a fast roll. The greater the equip load, the shorter the rolling distance. You can also transition into a fat roll in the middle of your roll.
- Pyromancy “Sacred Fire” (or purification) is like building up fire inside enemy to blow them up.
- The weapon art for Dragonslayer Greatbow is “Piercing Shot”.
- The weapon art for Whip and Notched Whip is “Severe Blow”. This attack gets around shields and reduces time to regenerate stamina.
- The weapon art for Crow Demon’s Curved Greatsword is “Blow From The Dead Angle”.
- Flynn’s Ring has been confirmed.
- Darkdrift has also been confirmed using a weapon art called “Darkdrift”.
- You can reinforce Estus Flask with Estus Shard.
- You can go from having 0 FP Estus to full HP Estus, and vice versa.
- The description of the sorcery “Tear of Cure” includes the name Carim. It is not yet clear what Carim refers to.
- Other confirmed items include the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring, Lloyd Shield, and the Fake Ring.
- Lloyd’s Talisman has been changed to the Undead Hunt Talisman.
- Lastly, weapon durability seems to be low. For example, the Battle Axe has only 80 durability. However, it takes five attacks to an enemy to lose one durability, and resting at a bonfire restores it.
Bear in mind that this information has been translated, and is based on playing an earlier version of the game. The final released version may change some or all of this revealed information.