There's no question that Saints Row: The Third is going to be a bit out there. Don't believe us? That right there is the sanest screenshot we could find after nearly an hour of searching. Thankfully, it looks like the system requirements for the PC version won't be quite as crazy as everything else in the game, despite support for some pretty hefty technical features.
THQ has announced that the PC release of Saints Row: The Third will offer tweakable settings for real-time reflections, advanced depth of field and ambient occlusion, and it'll also support advanced features like SLI, Crossfire, AMD Eyefinity.
Even with all that in mind, the minimum specs are still reasonable for anyone who's updated their system in the last few years, and even the recommended hardware isn't too steep. Take a look for yourself.
- OS: Windows XP
- Processor: 2GHz Dual Core Processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2) or higher
- Memory: 2GB System RAM or more
- Graphics: 320MB Video RAM GPU w/ Shader Model 3.0 support. NVIDIA GeForce 8800 series or better. ATI Radeon HD3800 series or better
- DirectX: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 10GB
- Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0C compliant sound card or equivalent onboard sound
- Co-Op Play: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 cards require 640MB of Video RAM. ATI Radeon HD3800 cards require 1GB of Video RAM
- Online: Steam Account
OS: Microsoft Windows 7
Processor: Any Quad Core Processor (Intel Core i5 or AMD Phenom II X4) or 3.0+ Dual Core CPU
Memory: 4GB System RAM or more
Graphics: 1GB Video RAM GPU w/ Shader Model 4.0 support. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 400 series or better. ATI Radeon
HD5000 series or better
DirectX: DirectX 11
Hard Drive: 10 GB
Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0C compliant sound card or equivalent onboard sound
Saints Row: The Third will be out on the PC (as well as the 360 and PS3) in just a few short weeks. The North American launch is slated for November 15, with the European release following on the 18.