As Gamescom 2022 is just around the corner, Xbox announces its plans for the upcoming event. Between August 25 and August 28, Gamescom attendees will have the opportunity to play some of the most popular games from Xbox Game Studios and some of Microsoft’s third-party partners. Fans watching the show at home can check out the latest updates from the Xbox Booth live stream.
Xbox Will Showcase Various Games
For those who have the opportunity to attend Gamescom 2022 in person, the Xbox booth will feature 36 stations with various games and updates coming to Xbox in the next 12 months.
Attendees will be able to go hands-on with the following games:
- Pentiment (Obsidian Entertainment / Xbox Game Studios)
- Age of Empires IV (Relic Entertainment & World’s Edge / Xbox Game Studios)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (Asobo Studio / Xbox Game Studios Publishing)
- Sea of Thieves (Rare Games / Xbox Game Studios)
- Grounded (Obsidian Entertainment / Xbox Game Studios)
Xbox also highlights some of its third-party partners, with the following games available on the booth:
- A Plague Tale: Requiem (Asobo Studio / Focus Entertainment)
- Disney Dreamlight Valley (Gameloft)
- Gunfire Reborn (Duoyi Games / 505 Games)
- Inkulinati (Yaza Games / Daedalic Entertainment)
- Last Case of Benedict Fox (Plot Twist Games / Rogue Games)
- Lies of P (Neowiz)
- Lightyear Frontier (Frame Break)
- Planet of Lana (Wishfully / Thunderful)
- You Suck at Parking (Happy Volcano)
To ensure every player can get their hands on those games, Xbox Adaptive Controllers will be available on request. The entire Xbox booth is accessible for wheelchairs.
Two months ago, Microsoft announced that the Xbox App would be available on Samsung Smart TVs. The Xbox booth will showcase this new app, but the company hasn’t revealed whether attendees will be able to play on those TVs or not.
Get Ready for a Lot of Photos on Social Media
On top of the gaming stations, the Xbox booth will feature various statues and decors that make for great photo opportunities. In an era where the image is everything, you better prepare yourself for the wave of selfies that will come from the Gamescom 2022 Xbox booth.
Xbox announced five photo opportunities:
- A huge spider that is five meters (17 feet) wide: the Broodmother, the first boss from Grounded,
- A plank to pretend you’re a pirate like in Sea of Thieves,
- Piglings from Minecraft Legends,
- A battlefield from Age of Empires IV, and
- Starfield’s robot companion, VASCO.
Viewers Can Follow the Show from Home on the Xbox Booth Live Stream
For those who cannot attend Gamescom 2022, Xbox will host a live stream on Thursday, August 25 from 2 pm CEST – 8 pm CEST / 5 am PT – 11 am PT / 8 am ET – 2 pm ET.
This live stream will feature various developer interviews and gameplay footage from several Xbox Game Studios including Mojang Studios and Obsidian Entertainment. Xbox will unveil the full content schedule in the upcoming days on its social channels.
The Xbox Booth live stream will be available in ten languages: English, German, French, Polish, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese. The stream will also be available with ASL, BSL, and DGS interpretation, and English audio descriptions.