Guerrilla Games just rolled a major update for Horizon Forbidden West. This update 1.17 fixes various issues in the game but also brings new features for PlayStation 5 users.
Horizon Forbidden West now supports Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and High Refresh Rate (HFR). These features target a refresh rate between 60Hz and 120 Hz, while a new “balanced” graphics mode introduces 40Hz for supported displays.
Horizon Forbidden West Update 1.17 Patch Notes
Here are all the changes coming to Horizon Forbidden West with update 1.17. To avoid spoilers, we will only mention the name of the quest without detailing the exact initial issue. For more information, check out the official post from Guerrilla Games.
New features (PlayStation 5)
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and High Refresh Rate (HFR) support
- VRR improves dynamic resolution scaling on 60Hz
- VRR & HFR targets a refresh rate between 60Hz and 120Hz
- New “Balanced” Graphics Mode introducing 40Hz for supported displays
Fixes and improvements
Performance and stability:
- Multiple crash fixes.
- Fixed two issues in Main Quest “The Wings of the Ten.”
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “All That Remains.”
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Broken Sky.”
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “Shadow in the West.”
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “The Gate Of The Vanquished.”
- Fixed an issue in Errand “Nights of Lights.”
- Fixed issues in Relic Ruin “The Stillsands.”
- Fixed an issue where the “Dreadwing” would remain cloaked when knocked down.
- Fixed an issue where “Apex Clawstrider Hearts” would be placed in “Valuables to Sell” in the inventory
- Fixed an issue where “Elemental Arrows” from fully upgraded bows would destroy canisters instead of detonating them.
- Fixed an issue where using “Elite Precision Arrows” with “Iriv’s Downfall” would not deal additional damage for enemies in “Brittle” state.
- Updated text for selecting “Ultra Hard” difficulty to clarify that the setting cannot be changed.
- Removed exclamation point icon when all skills have been unlocked and skill points are available.
- Fixed an issue where “Desert Bird Wing” could not be looted from birds.
- Fixed an issue where trophy “All Machine Types Scanned” would not unlock, if scanning remaining machines on NG+
- Fixed an issue where changing the “Crouch/Slide” button to R1 would make it unusable.
- Multiple localization and subtitles fixes and improvements.
Guerrilla Games also announced looking into several issues reported by the community. While the developer didn’t fix them in this update, the team is investigating them.