Guild Wars 2 game director Colin Johanson had a lot to say about what’s coming up next for the game in 2016. The first major update will arrive on January 26, but there’s a lot more going on in the world of Guild Wars 2 this year, like the return of Living World Season 3 and the next raid wing.
The January update includes five major additions:
- Gliding in Central Tyria – players can now use one of the coolest features unlocked through Heart of Thorns’ mastery system in parts of Central Tyria
- Redesigned Shatterer boss fight – new achievements, upgraded reward chests and the ability to use gliders in battle are just some of the improvements coming to this epic open world boss
- Lunar New Year – the seasonal event returns on January 26 and runs for two weeks, and is accessible to all Guild Wars 2 players
- New PvP Mist Champion – Tybalt Leftpaw joins the new Stronghold game mode as an unlockable mist champion
- Balance Update to Skills and traits, Improvements to Fractals of the Mists, and more