Title update 1.5.3 for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla launches tomorrow and will give players a special treat in the form of some new rainbow-infused weaponry. The Bifrost Bundle, which includes a Shimmering Shield and an Iridescent Axe, will be available for free in the Animus store from June 28 to July 26.
The update itself will require a bit of space to install on different platforms. Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S players will need 8.4GB available, and those on Xbox One will need 8.8GB. On PlayStation 5, the update takes up a slightly niftier 1.2GB and on PlayStation 4 it’s 1.4GB. Those playing the game on PC will need a spare 7.17GB to update their game to the newest version.
Along with the Bifrost Bundle, the new update for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla addresses a number of in-game issues. The majority of these seem to be to do with the Dawn of Ragnarok expansion, although some fixes to the base game have also been put in place. In addition, there are new fixes in place to deal with issues arising from the newly-added Armory and the game’s Mastery Challenges.
Full patch notes for update 1.5.3 can be read over at the official Assassin’s Creed Valhalla website. Some of the most notable fixes that have been addressed in the update are listed below.
Dawn of Ragnarok Expansion
- Brudd is stuck outside of the map during Gift to the God.
- Brudd stops moving during Gift to the God after loading save.
- Quest marker and objective both disappear if players open the Pause Menu when the last dialogue scene with Brudd starts.
- Offset camera can be observed at the beginning of the dialogue scene with Ivaldi in the safehouse during The Vault of the Ancients.
- Unable to progress after talking to Ivaldi in The Vault of the Ancients.
- Long transition between the end of the fight with Eysa and the following dialogue scene in The Warlord’s Daughter. It was a tough battle, needed a breather.
- Players unable to move after opening one of the unlockable doors in Sinmara’s castle (Pride of the Aesir).
- Fast travel is locked if players do not fully complete the World Event The Seed of Travi. Unable to interact with Banski in the Not Today, Jotun World Event.
Base Game – Mastery Challenges
- Level Scaling option is automatically switched to Harder upon participating in any Mastery Challenge.
- Long loading time when reloading or exiting any challenge.
- Leaf Bow and Raven Sickle reappearing in Hildiran’s shop after completing the Dawn of Ragnarök’s introduction quest.
- Players don’t have enough currency to purchase all the sets from Hildiran’s Wares.
- Uffentune Challenge: Mastery Challenge assets are present outside of the trial.
- Anderitum Hideout Raven Challenge: Unable to loot the key from the Destroyer if players acquired it once and restarted the trial without unlocking the cell door.