Ubisoft has announced two special editions of Far Cry Primal. These include the collector’s edition, pictured above, and the Digital Apex Edition. The first edition will be physical, while the second will be digital only. You can preorder the game here.
As spotted by GamesRadar, The collector’s edition will cost £64.99 ($98.12 USD). It comes with:
- A copy of the game
- An exclusive Collector’s box with a sabretooth opening
- An official Wenja phrasebook, full of sentences from the language created for the game
- A steelbook case
- A map of Oros (the land the game takes place in)
- A copy of the soundtrack, along with language audio recordings.
This edition will also include digital content, including:
- A pack of “The Legend of the Mammoth” missions, which will be about 45 minutes long, and gives the player the chance to play as a wooly mammoth.
- An unbreakable bony weapon called the Blood Shasti Club,
- Four enhancement packs which allow early access to rare resources and customizations.
The other special edition, called the Digital Apex Edition, does not have a price yet. We do know that it includes the standard game and all the digital content. This will probably be cheaper than the collector’s edition, and is geared more towards Steam users and those who prefer to download titles digitally over Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.
We learned a good amount about Far Cry Primal with the release of its Beast Master trailer last night at The Game Awards. Some of the new information includes that the player will inhabit Takka, and that along with hunting and combat, players will both grow their own tribes and compete with others for survival.
Far Cry Primal is set to come out February 26, 2016 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and on March 1,, 2016 on PC.