Courtesy EA DICE, here are 20 tips for playing Star Wars Battlefront.
1) Maintain controlled fire with your blaster to manage both heat and bolt spread.
2) With each successful cooling flush, the skill game increases in difficulty. When failing, dying or not activating the cooling flush, the difficulty level will decrease again.
3) The Ion Shot makes your blaster more powerful against vehicles, and weaker against troopers during its active time.
4) The Ion Grenade is a great way to quickly deal with pesky Droids and turrets.
5) The Pulse Cannon does greater damage the longer it’s charged. A fully charged shot will defeat a person with one shot.
6) Combine the Jump Pack with an explosion based weapon – like the Bowcaster – to rain mayhem from above.
7) The Smoke Grenade not only reduces vision, but also blocks lock-on functions for weapons, turrets and Droids.
8) Energy shields blocks incoming energy blasts, but solid projectiles like grenades, rockets and the Cycler Rifle slug will pass through.
9) If you have a power up you do not want, you can hit Interact (E, X, Square) in front of a power up to change it for a new one.
10) The Cycler Rifle and Pulse Cannon must be fired while scoping in order to maximize its accuracy.
11) The Smart Rocket fires like a regular launcher, but the rocket will target and track a vehicle if fired in its general direction.
12) If you take damage while trying to call in a vehicle the progress will be reset.
13) Evasive manoeuvers break missile lock and Soft Lock.
14) Reduced velocity increases weapon power, increased velocity reduces weapon power for the A-wing, X-wing TIE fighter, TIE interceptor, Slave I and the Millennium Falcon.
15) Hold the Left Trigger (RMB on PC) to activate your targeting system on the starfighters. It helps you land your shots.
16) A Trait will grant a passive bonus and level up with kill streaks. When dying, the Trait will lose a level again.
17) Customize your hand of Star Cards accordingly in Hero Hunt and Heroes vs Villains. Not even a Jedi can block an explosion.
18) Droids are not only great for attacking the enemy team, they also have a scan pulse that reveals enemies to your entire team.
19) In regular Battles, press the D-pad up to make your AI allies ‘search and destroy’ and D-pad right to ‘follow player’.
20) The AT-ST has a weak spot on its back, try to target this when attacking one and defend it when piloting.