• Skip to main content
  • Skip to header right navigation
  • Skip to site footer
Gameranx

Gameranx

Video Game News, Lists & Guides

  • News
  • Features
  • Platforms
    • Xbox Series X
    • PS5
    • Nintendo
  • Videos
  • Upcoming Games
  • Guides

Star Wars Jedi Survivor Main Character Talks More “Mature” Title

May 29, 2022 by Todd Black

A tease of what’s to come.

I love when stories grow with their characters and audience. I’m excited to present what @lucasfilm @respawn @eastarwars and I have been working on the last few years. I’m proud to say #JediSurvivor is a complex, mature, and exciting progression for an audacious, ambitious game. pic.twitter.com/rQBYV0lnCp

— Cameron Monaghan (@cameronmonaghan) May 27, 2022

There were a TON of big announcements at Star Wars Celebration, and a lot of those announcement excited fans in the biggest of ways. For proof of this, you need only look at the announcement of Star Wars Jedi Survivor. The sequel to Fallen Order was rumored for a very long time, and many wondered what it would be, and how it would feel compared to the original title that amazed everyone with its story and gripping gameplay.

In the reveal trailer, Star Wars Jedi Survivor showed the main character Cal Kestis in a fight that he not only loses, but he loses his precious lightsaber to an Inquisitor. And then, we see him go to a place where a being (that we don’t know yet) is in a statis tube.

In a social media post, the man who is Cal Kestis, Cameron Monaghan, talked about why he’s in love with this series, and why he’s excited for the sequel:

“I love when stories grow with their characters and audience. I’m excited to present what Lucasfilm, Respawn, EA, and I have been working on the last few years,” Cameron Monaghan said on social media. “I’m proud to say Jedi: Survivor is a complex, mature, and exciting progression for an audacious, ambitious game.”

That may not sound like much, but you could argue that Fallen Order was a risk in terms of the kind of story they told (“yet another Jedi that survived Order 66”) and the gameplay they used (which was known to be brutal at times). But it clearly worked and sold REALLY well, to the point where the sequel was greenlit and Respawn Entertainment was allowed to do two other Star Wars titles.

So while we won’t see Jedi Survivor for a while, it’s coming, and that’s enough to get excited.

Source: Twitter

Share this post:

FacebookTwitterLinkedInPinterest

Recent Videos

LEGO Batman: Legacy of The Dark Knight - Before You Buy

LEGO Batman: Legacy of The Dark Knight - Before You Buy

Assassin's Creed Black Flag DESPERATELY Wants You Back

Assassin's Creed Black Flag DESPERATELY Wants You Back

7/10 Games We PLAY MORE THAN 10s

7/10 Games We PLAY MORE THAN 10s

Subnautica 2: 10 Things The Game DOESN'T TELL YOU

Subnautica 2: 10 Things The Game DOESN'T TELL YOU

GTA6 TRAILER SOON? LEAKS & MORE

GTA6 TRAILER SOON? LEAKS & MORE

Forza Horizon 6 - Before You Buy

Forza Horizon 6 - Before You Buy

Subnautica 2 - Before You Buy

Subnautica 2 - Before You Buy

20 Legendary Games That PUSHED GRAPHICS TO THE LIMIT

20 Legendary Games That PUSHED GRAPHICS TO THE LIMIT

10 Games That Died FAST

10 Games That Died FAST

Category: UpdatesTag: Star Wars, Star Wars Jedi Survivor, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Sidebar

Recent Posts

  • State Of Play Confirmed For June 2, Featuring Marvel’s Wolverine
  • Rumor: Did A Free Game Break Through Steam’s Security Measures And Spread Malware?
  • Mystery Solved: Yoshi and the Mysterious Book’s Developer Confirmed To Be Good-Feel
  • Warhorse Studios Confirms They’re Making A Lord of The Rings Game – and A New Kingdom Come Deliverance
  • Embracer Group Decides To Spin Off Fellowship Entertainment, Cancelling Last Year’s Rebranding Plans

Copyright © 2026 · Gameranx · All Rights Reserved · Powered by Mai Theme