Guerilla Games have today released another new update for Horizon Forbidden West, further patches that will fix some minor bugs and improvements to one of the biggest releases of the year so far.
Horizon Forbidden West was released in February and has been critically acclaimed ever since, even if it was slightly overshadowed by the release of Elden Ring. But just because the game received rave reviews, that doesn’t mean everything was smooth sailing, and Guerilla Games have been attempting to sand down those rough edges that have been popping up ever since.
The Horizon Forbidden West patch update aims to eradicate several problems that have been appearing across the main quests and the secondary ones, as well as some of the general world activities.
You can all check out the official patch notes for the March 30 Horizon Forbidden West update below, which includes the following fixes and changes:
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Dying Lands” where machines would stay stuck behind an energy shield.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Broken Sky” where the player could get stuck in an invisible collision.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Broken Sky” where Dekka would be standing behind the throne and cannot be interacted with.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “The Second Verse” where Zo would not be in Plainsong after completing all Main Quests.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “Drowned Hopes” where the player could “pry open” rocks from the wrong side, breaking progression.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “The Deluge” where Aloy could become stuck in the ground underwater after igniting firegleam.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “The Deluge” where Snapmaws could become stuck inside a wall, out of Aloy’s reach.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “Thirst for the Hunt” where the quest did not update after killing the Thunderjaw.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “Lofty Ambitions” where Morlund could conveniently get stuck in a rock, leaving Aloy to take on the Stormbird on her own while he cheered her on from safety.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “In the Fog” where the memorial marker could not be found in Scrap Piles.
- Fixed an issue where alternating between Side Quest “What was lost” and Errand Quest “First to Fly” would cause Kotallo to be unable to be interacted with.
- Fixed an issue in Errand Quest “Supply Drop” where Littay would become stuck underneath the terrain.
- Fixed an issue in Errand Quest “Shining Example” where the player could block progression by destroying the metal flower’s vines before the “Destroy the Metal Flower’s Vines” mission objective shows up.
- Fixed an issue in Errand Quest “Sons of Prometheus Data” where the ambushers took the term ‘ghosted’ to a new level and are no longer present after dying.
- Fixed an issue in Cauldron “Kappa” where the player could respawn in an out of bounds area.
- Fixed an issue in Rebel Camp “First Forge” where reloading a specific save game would spawn the player underneath the terrain.
- Fixed an issue in Salvage Contract “Colleague and Key” where the player would get stuck in an “Examine the Disc Launcher” animation.
- Fixed an issue in Relic Ruin “The Dry Yearn” where the railroad cart could get stuck behind a piece of rubble.
- Fixed an issue in Relic Ruin “The Long Coast” where a pullable crate can get stuck in the water.
- Fixed an issue where the Black Boxes could not be picked up.
- Fixed an issue where the Black Boxes could not be handed in with Untalla.
- Fixed issues when remapping specific button actions.
- Further improvements related to shimmering/sharpness.
Performance and Stability
- Loading screen reductions.
- Crash fixes.
- Localization and spelling fixes.
- Fixed several issues that prevented 100% completion in the Notebook. Completionists rejoice!
- Fixed several issues where the player could escape from a boss fight on a mount.
- Fixed an issue where customizations to the Hunter’s Kit would not persist after restarting save.
- Rebalanced several combat mechanics.
- Fixed multiple Music issues.