Game developers, Atlus have officially announced the global launch of Soul Hackers 2. A new trailer for the sequel to Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers was released alongside the announcement. In a message to fans Atkus said on the new game, “In a war between devil summoners, it’s up to Ringo and her team to decrypt destiny and save the world from apocalypse!” Check out the trailer for the upcoming JRPG below.
After Atlus released a teaser countdown last week, fans went to work trying to guess what the announcement would be. The wait finally came to an end today, revealing the launch date for Soul Hackers 2. The new game looks to be a totally modern Shin Megami Tensei experience. It will be a party-based RPG with demons that fans of the franchise will be familiar with from past games.
Some of the characters in the game are as follows:
- Ringo: An Aion agent. A newborn being that has a strong curiosity about society, culture and human emotions.
- Fig: An Aion agent. She was born simultaneously with Ringo, does not participate directly in battle, but is responsible for analysis and support.
- Arrow: A Devil Summoner and belongs to Yatagarasu. One of the “protected objects” detected by Aion. A young man who is usually quiet, straightforward and calm.
- Milady: A Devil Summoner and belongs to the Phantom Society. Generally irrational, influenced by past experiences.
- Saizo: A free Devil Summoner. A romantic and a man capable of reading the air. He often butts into and settles Arrow and Milady’s fights.
Soul Hackers 2 will officially launch worldwide on August 26, 2022, for the Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, and Steam. Fans are additionally excited that the game will not be exclusive to Nintendo, as has been the case with most Shin Megami Tensei titles of the past.