In what appears to be a stunning lack of foresight, or care for the wants and needs of the PC gaming audience, Rocksteady has updated the minimum system requirements for Batman: Arkham Knight just four hours before its launch on Steam.
The studio has also taken to noting that there are "some known issues" with the performance of Arkham Knight for PC owners using AMD cards. Though they haven't said as much, it's possible to assume that the game's development focus on Nvidia cards is to blame for these issues.
The studio states that they are working closely with AMD to rectify these issues as soon as possible and will provide updates on the Steam forums as they become available.
Here are the new minimum requirements for Batman: Arkham Knight on the PC:
- OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2 GB Memory Minimum) | AMD Radeon HD 7950 (3 GB Memory Minimum)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection required
- Hard Drive: 45 GB available space