According to a trailer drop from Tate Multimedia today, Kao the Kangaroo will “hop” onto consoles and Steam this summer. The spunky kangaroo is making a comeback with its last game having released in 2005. Fans of Kao (pronounced K-O) are sure to be pleased with this reboot, check out the brand new trailer below.
The first Kao the Kangaroo game launched in 2000 with the series releasing four games before going on an indefinite hiatus after its 2005 game. The new title features Kao as you’ve never seen him before, taking full advantage of today’s upgraded technology with vibrant colors and visuals. This blast from the past is coming from the games’ original studio Tate Multimedia and will see Kao picking up his magic boxing gloves and traveling the world to fight off enemies.
Tate Multimedia revealed, “Kao the Kangaroo is a beautiful 3D platformer jam-packed with fun, exploration, adventure, and mystery! Join Kao, the feisty furball, as he embarks on an unforgettable quest to uncover the secrets surrounding the disappearance of his father. He’ll traverse rich environments, filled with hazards, puzzles, and foes. each turn uncovers another clue as well as revealing a secret world bubble under the surface.” With the first two games having been released on Game Boy Advance and GameCube, the new Nintendo Switch version is sure to give fans a totally new experience.
Check out some key features of the game:
- A love letter to the golden age of platformers: Kao the Kangaroo is packed with pulsating platforming action, cool combat, and more!
- Beautiful and bright diverse worlds: Packed with secret and fun just waiting to be explored.
- A memorable cast of characters: Both good guys and bad guys, that breathe life into the world!
- Join Kao in an epic story: As he searches for his missing father while learning about himself along the way.
- Master and Uncover: The truth around ancient elemental powers held within a pair of magical boxing gloves.
- Accessible and engaging gameplay: That’s fun for all ages!
- Unique boss battles: With their own style and offense that will test Kao’s abibilities!
- Character-driven 3D: Platformer starring the cheeky, determined fiesty furball Kao as he embarks on a life-changing journey.
Kao the Kangaroo will make its way to PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, and PC summer 2022.