• Skip to main content
  • Skip to header right navigation
  • Skip to site footer
Gameranx

Gameranx

Video Game News, Lists & Guides

  • News
  • Features
  • Platforms
    • Xbox Series X
    • PS5
    • Nintendo
  • Videos
  • Upcoming Games
  • Guides

Star Wars Battlefront III Pitch Was Reportedly Turned Down By EA

November 22, 2021 by Dennis Patrick

DICE is no longer working on Star Wars Battlefront, according to an industry insider.

Star Wars: Battlefront fans might be disappointed to hear that DICE might not be developing a new installment. The game franchise reboot only had two installments, with the latest having a rocky launch. However, if you enjoyed the games and wanted to see what the third installment would bring, you’re out of luck. At least that’s according to a reliable industry insider, Tom Henderson. 

Tom Henderson is an industry insider that has revealed several projects and updates to video games in development. Today, we’re finding out that the insider learned of a Star Wars: Battlefront III pitch that DICE presented to EA. Unfortunately, that pitch was rejected, and instead, the developers are working on the next Battlefield game installment. While this is not official statements, Tom Henderson learned that one of the reasons the game was passed up.

Battlefront 3 was a pitched title from DICE, but ultimately, the title was shot down by EA due to licensing costs.

“It got turned down because it takes 20% more sales to make the same money”, said one past developer.

— Tom Henderson (@_Tom_Henderson_) November 20, 2021

A source says says that the game would have to turn out 20% more sales to make the same money due to the Star Wars license. As a result, the studio is not going to continue with another Star War video game title. Although, it could very well be that EA is not willing to risk bringing out another Battlefront game into the marketplace at the current moment. 

Previously, EA had exclusive rights to develop Star Wars games. Purely out of speculation, if EA still had those rights, then it might have been a bit easier to greenlight another Star Wars: Battlefront game. In the meantime, EA no longer has exclusive rights, so we have other studios bringing out Star Wars titles into the marketplace, including Ubisoft’s Massive Entertainment’s upcoming project.

Source

Share this post:

FacebookTwitterLinkedInPinterest

Recent Videos

Top 10 NEW Games of June 2026

Top 10 NEW Games of June 2026

LEGO Batman: Legacy of The Dark Knight - Before You Buy

LEGO Batman: Legacy of The Dark Knight - Before You Buy

Assassin's Creed Black Flag DESPERATELY Wants You Back

Assassin's Creed Black Flag DESPERATELY Wants You Back

7/10 Games We PLAY MORE THAN 10s

7/10 Games We PLAY MORE THAN 10s

Subnautica 2: 10 Things The Game DOESN'T TELL YOU

Subnautica 2: 10 Things The Game DOESN'T TELL YOU

GTA6 TRAILER SOON? LEAKS & MORE

GTA6 TRAILER SOON? LEAKS & MORE

Forza Horizon 6 - Before You Buy

Forza Horizon 6 - Before You Buy

Subnautica 2 - Before You Buy

Subnautica 2 - Before You Buy

20 Legendary Games That PUSHED GRAPHICS TO THE LIMIT

20 Legendary Games That PUSHED GRAPHICS TO THE LIMIT

Category: UpdatesTag: DICE, EA, Star Wars Battlefront

Sidebar

Recent Posts

  • State Of Play Confirmed For June 2, Featuring Marvel’s Wolverine
  • Rumor: Did A Free Game Break Through Steam’s Security Measures And Spread Malware?
  • Mystery Solved: Yoshi and the Mysterious Book’s Developer Confirmed To Be Good-Feel
  • Warhorse Studios Confirms They’re Making A Lord of The Rings Game – and A New Kingdom Come Deliverance
  • Embracer Group Decides To Spin Off Fellowship Entertainment, Cancelling Last Year’s Rebranding Plans

Copyright © 2026 · Gameranx · All Rights Reserved · Powered by Mai Theme