From being a disappointment to being one of the best racing games out on the market, Driveclub has come a long way since its release, and it’s poised to get even better. The game will be seeing its March update come out next week, which includes a long-requested replays feature and a whole lot more.
The game’s developer Evolution explained that patch 1.12 will bring with it the highly requested replay feature, a new car for level 50 drivers, drift adjustments, and more. There’s no exact date, but we expect it to come out with Sony’s usual schedule.
Here’s what’s in store:
- Adds Replays to the game for all Single Events and Tours. You can now save a Replay at the end of any single player event and view it later from the Replays section
- Photomode can be used from within a Replay at any point
- Introduces a new Driver Level 50 reward: You can now unlock the Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione for your Garage
- Refines Drift Mode scoring to increase the points scored for momentum, control and staying on the track
- Adjusts the drag reduction when veering off road, so that accidentally leaving the track slows you down more gradually
- Adjusts the drag penalty on world collisions, to remove the possibility of gaining any advantage after colliding with a wall
- Adds the option to control screen brightness in-game (in Display Options)
- Adds the option to change the volume levels on individual SFX channels (in the Settings Menu for Audio)
- Adds the option to make the AI opponents in a Single Event drive in the same car as the one the player chooses
- Adds the option to select factory paint jobs for AI opponents (enable in Display Options)
- Removes the voicechat icon for any player you have chosen to mute in Multiplayer while you are driving
- Adds new categories for downloaded Livery Packs within the Bonus Designs in Customisation
- Adds status information about friends playing DRIVECLUB™ to the Social Hub
- Immediately centres the camera view automatically when you reset to the track with the Touchpad button
- Adds support for live streaming via Twitch and Ustream while playing Multiplayer
- Improves the atmospheric visual effects further by improving heathaze and introducing mirages, which are visible on the road when light is refracted by hot air
- Includes more minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks
In addition to these updates, Evolution posted a list of forthcoming improvements that they are still working on beyond 1.12. Here's what's up:
- Continual server upgrades: to keep improving online stability and performance for all current players and to enable the
- release of the PS+ Edition and DRIVECLUB companion app.
- Private lobbies: Development of Private Lobbies for Multiplayer is ongoing alongside development of server improvements.
- Replays for Multiplayer races: these require further development and testing and will come in a future game update.
- Lots more cars: We're only half way through the Season Pass that runs to July and we have many more commonly requested cars and manufacturers coming to DRIVECLUB!
- New ranks: because many of you are at Level 50 already. In the mean time, please enjoy exclusive access to the Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione as a reward for your dedication and success.
- Additional audio options for cockpit camera.
- Lots more! Please keep sharing your feedback about DRIVECLUB with us to help the game continue to evolve around you.