Publisher EA Games and developer Visceral Games announced today that their upcoming crime-based first person shooter Battlefield Hardline will feature a premium membership program delivering new content and early access to fans of the title to “fuel their cops and criminals fantasies all year long.”
Like Battlefield 4 and its predecessors, the Premium service will provide players with two-week early access to four expansion packs. This time around, they’ll be story-themed so players won’t simply be paying for multiplayer content.
Battlefield Hardline Premium members will also enjoy four new features – Masks, Gun Bench, Competitive Play, and Legendary Status.
- Masks – New player masks with unique gameplay benefits tied to the theme of each mask.
- Gun Bench – Provides players with the ability to visually customize their weapons and track their kills per weapon.
- Competitive Play – Support for competitive play through Battlefield Hardline Premium-access only tournaments and ladders.
- Legendary Status – Provides replayability of the entire progression system.
Four digital expansion packs featuring new multiplayer maps, modes, vehicles, in-game content and a story themed throughout all four:
- Battlefield Hardline: Criminal Activity – Players have to make a name for themselves in fast-paced, highly-destructible new maps littered with small-time crime jobs. Available summer 2015.
- Battlefield Hardline: Robbery – Take down the opposition head on and progress through key locations with major cinematic action. Available summer 2015.
- Battlefield Hardline: Getaway – This is frantic, high-speed chases that immerse players deeper in the heist. Available fall 2015.
- Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal – There is a rat in every operation and players will have to find out who to trust. Available winter early 2016.
Additionally, players will receive 12 Gold Battlepacks for quick acquisition of items, new personalization options including gun camos, ammo skins, and other exclusive items, access to double XP weekends, in-game missions and other exclusive events, and priority position in server queues.
The last one’s kind of a punch in the gut for anyone who doesn’t pay for the service.
Battlefield Hardline comes out on March 17, 2015 for PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 and PS4.